IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Missed POPLA Deadline

Options
Hi All,

Firstly thank you for any replies.

I visited Wales on holiday a while back and unfortunately managed to pick up a ticket at Park Tawe North (My first mistake was not realising this was an 'entirely different' retail park to Park Tawe South - Who knew???). I stayed for a very short time over the 3 hour maximum stay (13 minutes) and appealed based on BPA's code of guidance offering a grace period to park, read signage and decide whether to stay or leave etc.

Given that the 13 minutes is taken from ANPR, the grace period combined with the fact of driving around to find a space etc, should more or less cover the 13 minutes. Obviously, my appeal was unsuccessful.

However, due to other commitments and a bit of a chaotic time, I forgot to appeal to POPLA and recently realised I had lost my 28 days...

I believe on the form I may have already stated I was the driver (I completed this appeal before stumbling on this website) and therefore wonder if you guys have any advice for me? I have tried contacting the land owner, who claims they can't do anything for me..

Any help is greatly appreciate.

Company is Premier Park Ltd for anyone interested.

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    Options
    Did you try at least? The codes work at leasta couple days over the 28 days.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You are now in the debt collectors stage (see newbies faq thread near the top of the forum for details of the "stages")

Nothing you can do now (apart from keep on to the landowner to help) but wait and see if this progresses to court action.

They have 6 years to take legal action.

Come back for advice on how to deal with court if it comes to that
  • Jenkzzy
    Options
    Did you try at least? The codes work at leasta couple days over the 28 days.

I did of course try the code, it fails
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport