Budgeting Apps on Android & IOS

Options
lifearoundhere
lifearoundhere Posts: 11 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 4 January 2018 at 11:36PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Hi

I noticed that there are a whole slew of budget-tracking apps on Android & IOS and was wondering if anyone had tried any. Since all need you sign up I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as I would love to move away from doing the tedious monthly spreadsheet. They seem to be smart enough to compile information from a number of accounts so this would be a real time saver!

Thanks all!

Edit:
I've listed some of the seemingly reputable providers that offer these services.
Moneydashboard
Chip
Cleo
Plum

(note. this works on the ideas of 'open banking' & all listed have featured on BBC News)
No links as I cant post as a new user

Comments

• studentsaver_88
    Options
    Hi

I noticed that there are a whole slew of budget-tracking apps on Android & IOS and was wondering if anyone had tried any. Since all need you sign up I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as I would love to move away from doing the tedious monthly spreadsheet. They seem to be smart enough to compile information from a number of accounts so this would be a real time saver!

Thanks all!

Edit:
    I've listed some of the seemingly reputable providers that offer these services.
    Moneydashboard
    Chip
    Cleo
    Plum

(note. this works on the ideas of 'open banking' & all listed have featured on BBC News)
    No links as I cant post as a new user

Yes I am keen of there will be any aggregators on light of open banking.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have used Pocket Money for years - you can use it just on your mobile or on a desktop too and sync it with the mobile app. Deals with recurring payments, allows you to define budgets etc.. Nothing comes close IMO. http://www.pocketmoney.com/
  • lifearoundhere
    lifearoundhere Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 January 2018 at 5:01PM
    Options
    So I've tried MoneyDashboard & Cleo since I started this thread and my initial thoughts are Cleo is great however it lacks a diverse dashboard.The other factor with Cleo is that it's mainly focused on Facebook and work through Facebook messenger which is great for some people. However from me who does not use Facebook regularly it doesn't quite work to my current lifestyle. I'm working with MoneyDashboard now and I think works quite well! It took me quite a while to tag everything to break down my spending. Due to the fact that there are many different small transactions which need to be tagged to make use of data properly. I think it works well and it's quite convenient and a timesaver. I would give both these 4 out of 5 Stars. It really just depends on which is best for yourself!

This had defiantly replaced the spreadsheet!!!
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I use a money program that tells me when any payments are due,
    when DD's / SO's are dated, my future balances for the next week, month, Year,
    on MULTIPLE accounts . Credit cards deals ending, interest on
    accounts that actually pay decent interest !
    ie 22

well happy with it....do a search
  • BradPitt1
    Options
    I'm using Mobills app, the best budget app for Android user. Where I can plan my budget and add expenses, income, and transfer to manage my personal finance smartly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure