CB ESA Tax Years

Options
2»

Comments

• Tommo1980
    Tommo1980 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    Payment will always be backdated to 14th week if allocated to a group after WCA.

Tom
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    JS477 wrote: »
    I thought you only got the WRAG or SG component after you went through the WCA. Up until the point of the WCA however long that took you just received the assessment rate.

youre correct in part.

the group component isn't paid before the WCA.
    BUT it will be paid after the WCA and backdated to the first day of the 14th week of the claim.

it was wrongly assumed that people would have this assessment by the 14th week of the claim.

i first claimed in june 2011 and had my wca at the beginning of october 2011, so i only had 1 or 2 weeks backdating due.
    your friends claim was backdated by 91 days because of the delay in their assessment
  • JS477
    JS477 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Options
    Tommo1980 wrote: »
    Payment will always be backdated to 14th week if allocated to a group after WCA.

Tom

He was only placed in the WRAG after an appeal was heard in early 2016 and gave him a year in the WRAG he'd used up his 365 days of CB ESA. I suppose what he needs to do now is find out if his CB ESA claim has been closed because he's deteriorated since his first claim and may get into the SG.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It may also be worth him continuing the ESa claim in order to receive NI credits towards the SP.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure