Search for any destination

Options
2»

Comments

• karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks, but it seems that even the "live" prices on their website are only a guide - you need to ring them, and then they tell you the 'real' price!

I've had a few very good last minute holiday deals from last minute as I mentioned above. No I do not work for them but as I said, worth a look, especially just a couple of weeks before you want to go and when you aren't fussy about your destination.
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not from London. Why is it just for Londoners?
    Because British Airways fly 99% of their operation through Heathrow and Gatwick.
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    holidayhypermarket is good to start you off too.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Because British Airways fly 99% of their operation through Heathrow and Gatwick.

So that means it is just for Londoners?

The OP didn't give any info about where they are prepared to travel from, I guess you had your crystal ball out. :)
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BA holidays do offer possibilities from airports close to yorkshire including Leeds Bradford LBA and Manchester MAN.
    For the Easter weekend on direct non stop flights Barcelona is possible on Vueling operated flights with BA codeshares.
    A lot of options will be via Heathrow.
    In the summer BA cityflyer will be operating leisure flights from MAN and there should be more BA holidays options.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    So that means it is just for Londoners?

The OP didn't give any info about where they are prepared to travel from, I guess you had your crystal ball out. :)

Well put it this way.

If I can fly out of my local airport for £40 return on other airlines I'm not going to be fagging it down to LHR or LGW to get on a BA flight that costs more one way where the only perk is having the right to buy overpriced M&S Percy Pigs.

And as any idiot can see, my comment was in reply to yours suggesting a BA link that lists three London airports in its advanced search and no regional airports. So stating "for Londoners" seems reasonable, and if the OP is from somewhere vaguely South East he or she might even see benefit in your link.

That said, most BA Holiday prices I've looked at this year, and there have been a few, have been significantly more expensive than I've been able to get using other airlines, hotel booking sites and car hire firms. The occasional gems I've unearthed in previous years simply don't exist.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well put it this way.

If I can fly out of my local airport for £40 return on other airlines I'm not going to be fagging it down to LHR or LGW to get on a BA flight that costs more one way where the only perk is having the right to buy overpriced M&S Percy Pigs.

And as any idiot can see, my comment was in reply to yours suggesting a BA link that lists three London airports in its advanced search and no regional airports. So stating "for Londoners" seems reasonable, and if the OP is from somewhere vaguely South East he or she might even see benefit in your link.

That said, most BA Holiday prices I've looked at this year, and there have been a few, have been significantly more expensive than I've been able to get using other airlines, hotel booking sites and car hire firms. The occasional gems I've unearthed in previous years simply don't exist.

As I said, the OP didn't specify any UK departure point.

I use BA holiday finder as it comes up with some absolute gems. It costs nothing to use it you know. Likewise if the OP doesn't want to use it then so be it.

Still, your post might have been some help, to someone. Perhaps. ;)
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ...The occasional gems I've unearthed in previous years simply don't exist.

Depends how hard you look, I found one recently and had a great weekend.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    Depends how hard you look, I found one recently and had a great weekend.
    That's good to know. I'll still make the effort to check then!
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Travel supermarket - searches no end of different sites plus flights and accomodation options without going through them individually
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport