Reclaiming UDT Ltd PPI

Options
I took out a car loan with UDT Ltd in 1995. I previously thought it was with Lombard Direct.

I found an old experian credit report which states it started on 25/12/95 and ended on 26/11/99. I paid £163 per month.

I have no copy of the credit agreement so I have no credit agreement number or account details.

I understand I should take my query to Lloyds who deal with UDT PPI claims.

Would my experien report be suitable evidence?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I understand I should take my query to Lloyds who deal with UDT PPI claims.

You say it is a car loan. So, in that case you complain to the car dealer that arranged the finance. The lender has no liaiblity for car loan PPI unless the car dealer was an agent of the lender (most were not).

Also, car dealers only became regulated in Jan 2005. So, they can refuse to consider pre-regulation sales.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • The_Jester
    Options
    Sorry I should have made myself clearer. It was a loan I took out to pay for the car but it wasn't directly associated with the dealer.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The_Jester wrote: »
    Sorry I should have made myself clearer. It was a loan I took out to pay for the car but it wasn't directly associated with the dealer.
    Far enough, but there will be nothing on your old Experian report showing that this loan had PPI.

If you cannot find original documentary proof that you paid PPI on this loan, then any potential complaint has ended before it's begun.

1995 is more than two decades ago and the chances of Lloyds retaining any information about this loan are nil.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure