Help With Claim Lloyds

Options
Hi There

I had a loan with the TSB about three/four years ago, i settled the loan early, now i want to go see if i can claim my PPI back if i had any (sure i did) but i dont have any of the paperwork or any agreement numbers etc....

where do i start with this......

All help is grealt appreciated

Smithyfolks

Comments

• Caseyface
    Caseyface Posts: 313 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Smithy

If you see the post just above yours called 'SAR' click on that and have a read through, it sets out a template letter you can send to your bank to request copies of your loan agreements etc.

Good luck with it, i'm currently battling Lloyds too :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi There

I had a loan with the TSB about three/four years ago, i settled the loan early, now i want to go see if i can claim my PPI back if i had any (sure i did) but i dont have any of the paperwork or any agreement numbers etc....

where do i start with this......

All help is grealt appreciated

Smithyfolks

Hi there hun

And yes if you were mis sold this PPI in any way you can try to reclaim on this plus interest.
    Check this link here for more details, which gives more info on ppi mis selling, and there are template letters to help you through this here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

If you've not made a claim on this for eg for unemployment and sickness etc.

Write to them with the help from the templates, and add your own reasons, Lloyds tend to fob many off first time, so another letter maybe required, keep on at them until you receive the final response, they have 8 weeks to respond in full.
    In the final letter they should state how you can take this further, such as the financial ombudsman service (FOS).

Post all letters by recorded delivery.

Write in a separate letter for a copy of your agreement.
    Enclose a £1 postal order or cheque payment for this request, they have 12 days in this case to send this to you.

However, for lots more info on your account(S), there is a Subject Access Request (SAR) template letter on the thread, with this one they have to supply everything they have on you or on the SAR by 40 days, this request is £10 cheque or postal order payment.

For further help, please post up and good luck.;)

Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

As the OP have said, but you could try the nice approach and just ring the bank and ask then very nicely to send you a copy. If they will not then proceed as advised above.
    :mad:
  • smithyfolks
    Options
    Thanks for your comments i just won my egg PPI back and now want my LTSB PPI

If i dont have the details of the loan do i just send the letter with my bank details as i dont have the details of the loan

Sorry if im a bit thick i just wanna do it right

Ta
    Smithy
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks for your comments i just won my egg PPI back and now want my LTSB PPI

If i dont have the details of the loan do i just send the letter with my bank details as i dont have the details of the loan

Sorry if im a bit thick i just wanna do it right

Ta
    Smithy

Hi hun

You can do, but by just having the agreement may help, was it within the last 6 years you taken this out or longer?;) Your not thick lol X

When I say the agreement may help, what I mean is if your case was moved on to the FOS then you can enclose a copy, but while writing to reclaim you do not need to enclose anything, they may actually in-fact send you the agreement like they did with mine on my first response from them.

So I would not worry right now and just write to reclaim, just as long as you know your reasons for why you believe this was mis sold.

Hope this helps.

Di
    X
  • smithyfolks
    Options
    Its my looks that save me not my brains lol

Yeah its was about 3 years ago maybe 4 but as i say i threw out all the paperwork when i paid it off

I got heaps of questions about Loan PPI and Bank Charges and Credit Card Claims

Hi hun

You can do, but by just having the agreement may help, was it within the last 6 years you taken this out or longer?;) Your not thick lol X[/quote]
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Options
    If you have internet banking you could always look up the agreement No on there as the statements go back 6 years also it may be under your list of Direct Debit/ Standing Orders. Just a thought.

Hi Di

Hope you are ok. Weather here in the south is really warm as in probaby 20 C I would guess. Or have I just been working hard outside and it seems that hot. Tee Hee
    :mad:
  • di3004
    Options
    maxdp wrote: »
    If you have internet banking you could always look up the agreement No on there as the statements go back 6 years also it may be under your list of Direct Debit/ Standing Orders. Just a thought.

Hi Di

Hope you are ok. Weather here in the south is really warm as in probaby 20 C I would guess. Or have I just been working hard outside and it seems that hot. Tee Hee

Hiya Max, how are you?;)

Weather warm here but still pretty cloudy.......:rolleyes: , its that head-achy weather if you know what I mean lol.

Great idea that for Smithy Max.;)

Smithy, I have added more to my above post since, in case you missed it.

Di
    X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills