Plevin result..

Options
Claim upheld for plevin commission with G E Money .... 31% over the 50% .Nice amount of cash on its way back to me... (although been a week but guess its a waiting game)

Good luck to those still waiting to hear...

Comments

• johnnyboyc
    Options
    How much? ;-)
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Don' t be nosy lol
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Rone_2
    Rone_2 Posts: 43 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    over £5000:j
  • Cleo9990
    Options
    I've had my letter back replying to my resolver letter (from Capital One) saying they're going to investigate and I've got up to 8 weeks to hear back. Will be interesting to see if they uphold the complaint on the Plevin as they rejected misselling 5 years ago. We'll see. I'm not holding out much hope. My God, £1000 would be amazing never mind £5000+!!! Ive had my credit card since 2003 and the ppi since 2004. Does that have any baring on the amounts is it the average balance on the card? Sorry to be dozy!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Will be interesting to see if they uphold the complaint on the Plevin as they rejected misselling 5 years ago.

Unlike the original complaint, the plevin ruling is black and white.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Cleo9990
    Options
    Right. The ruling may be black and white but I assume Cap One will still be able to wriggle out of it by saying something about the dates I had the card or some such nonsense!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cleo9990 wrote: »
    Right. The ruling may be black and white but I assume Cap One will still be able to wriggle out of it by saying something about the dates I had the card or some such nonsense!

No they cant. The ruling is black and white. There are a couple of grey areas but not in respect of credit card PPI. if you do not qualify due to dates then that is not wriggling out. You either fall within the ruling (known as being in scope) or you fall outside of it (known as being out of scope).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Cleo9990
    Options
    So what is " in scope" criteria please? I bet you any money I am out of scope!!! We never have any luck with these things.

And, yes. I know. You'll tell me it's not down to luck and it's black and white and a ruling.

I just mean we never seem to reap these mystery amounts that others seem to get. I read today someone has had £5000 back due to Plevin ruling! I'll be lucky to get a fiver refunded!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure