ESA Work Capability reassessment tomorrrow!..No ESA50 was required?

Options
13»

Comments

• biggysmaller
    Options
    epitome wrote: »
    The assessor will ask you about how you are now, so all of your latest developments will be fully considered.

If the next WCA appointment is quite soon, within 2 weeks, I would take the ESA50 with you.

The assessment is scheduled in for late December.

I am confused by the advice on here. One one hand I am told that a new ESA50 will not be taken into account by the assessor nor the decision make but only an 8 month old one would be. Then I am told to take a new ESA50 to the assessment centre.......Which one is it please?

I spoke to someone yesterday at an adive center and even he was very vague with his ansers. But he told me to send all my new medical evidence and new ESA50 to the Medical Services and also a copy to the DWP as he though the decsion make would base his decision on new evidence.

Please can someone clarify what I am to do? This is very stressful.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I don't understand what the problem is here. You're not the first person to have filled out an ESA50 form several months before their assessment. People have filled out an ESA50 form and waited a year for their assessment.

The assessor will ask you questions about how you are now. Anything that changed will be taken into consideration.

No wonder you're stressed out. You're making this worse than it needs to be. Try to relax.....
  • biggysmaller
    Options
    The reason for worry is that i am concerned that a decision maker will base his decision on the descriptors on an old ESA50. And i simply do not trust Maximum to convey my circumstances now over to the decision maker.
    I have experienced a WCA assessor telling a complete pack of lies in the past, so hopefully you can understand my concerns. Add to this the devastation that would be caused by a poor report and subsequent decision.
    So, please answer - should i send a revised ESA50 to the medical services and the DWP or take one with me? Surely this would count as evidence on top of my medical papers for the decision maker?????
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The reason for worry is that i am concerned that a decision maker will base his decision on the descriptors on an old ESA50. And i simply do not trust Maximum to convey my circumstances now over to the decision maker.
    I have experienced a WCA assessor telling a complete pack of lies in the past, so hopefully you can understand my concerns. Add to this the devastation that would be caused by a poor report and subsequent decision.
    So, please answer - should i send a revised ESA50 to the medical services and the DWP or take one with me? Surely this would count as evidence on top of my medical papers for the decision maker?????
    If you really are that concerned then do both..I believe Epitome has already answer that one.
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    Options
    No point sending one to medical services and one to DWP.

DWP will just send the one they get to medical services, then medical services will have 3 from you, 1 old and 2 new.

Once you have been assessed your report and doctors ESA113 and your 3 x ESA50 will all be sent to DWP.

If you want to do a new one, that's ok,
    scan it to DWP via a jobcentre and then DWP will send it to medical services
    OR
    Send it to Medical Services direct.

When it gets to medical services it will only be looked at by your assessor HCP possibly (probably) only on the day of your assessment.

I suggested taking it with you (if you are within 2 weeks), if you are within 2 weeks there is little point posting it as it would not arrive before your appointment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure