Reclaiming PPI from building societies that have been taken ofer

Options
I wonder if anyone can help me? I know it's possibly been asked before but cant find any thread for it.
I had a morgtage from the Alliance and Leicester building society back int the early 90's and then transfered it to the the Derbyshire building society.
Neither of these now no longer exist having been absored/taken over by others.I know Alliance and Leicester has been taken over by Santender but not sure where the Derbyshire went.
Do these new companies take on the PPI claims or as Ive been to led to believe they are not responsible?
Be grateful if some one could advise me on what to do and in the case of the Derbyshire who now owns them
:beer:

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Blitz1426 wrote: »
    ...Be grateful if some one could advise me on what to do and in the case of the Derbyshire who now owns them...

Nationwide Building Society
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did you use the societies in question to buy the PPI or did you use a broker? (a couple of those socitiest you mention did most of their mortgages via brokers)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Blitz1426
    Options
    I was sold the PPI when I took out the mortgages, at the same time of signing the mortgage papers
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Blitz1426 wrote: »
    I was sold the PPI when I took out the mortgages, at the same time of signing the mortgage papers

But was that by the society or by a mortgage adviser? It matters as it changes where the complaint goes.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Blitz1426
    Options
    I honestly can not remember only that the building societies got me to sign the paperwork all in one go mortgage, endowment and PPI. they were advisors but worked for the building societies in question
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure