PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    and then sit back and gasp in astonishment at, for instance, a vote for Brexit. Well - if no-one tried to shut up those with differing views then it wouldn't have come as a surprise.

I don't think the majority for Brexit has much to do with political correctness, or racism, sexism, or any other isms.

I don't even think has much to do with xenophobia.

I think the majority vote for Brexit, is due to the people being sick and tired of being controlled and ordered about by the EU.

Please note, I'm talking about the EU (the political entity), not Europe (the geographical location), nor Europeans, as in the citizens of European countries.
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :p But St Antony of B'lair will save us from the democratic process. He feels strongly enough to stake £8 million of his own money on reversing Brexit, apparently.

Back when this personage first hove into the popular consciousness, my Dad expressed the opinion that he didn't seem too bad. I expressed my opinion that TB was a nasty little g*bs***e.

My darling Dad doesn't approve of such language but acknowledged years later that I was right.:rotfl:

But, he might lose £8 million, which would amuse me greatly. Not as greatly as seeing him convicted of war crimes and/ or treason, but ya don'ts get everything ya wants in this life.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a wind up lantern. Only £5 on the NT website at the moment.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oooh! This one?
    Great cause, but the reviewers are a bit scathing.
    The Mountain warehouse one was more expensive to start with, is still over a tenner but the reviewers are much more positive. (Indeed one care home eagerly awaiting next power cut to try them out!)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The Mountain Warehouse one has 3 times as many LEDs.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    With switches so you can choose how many LEDS, mains charging with the right cable (not sure if that's supplied) and topcashback if you want that too. Win Win Win, I think!
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Yes, sorry, I should have acknowledged the cold, flu, squits part.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Jazee
    Options
    Oooh! This one?
    Great cause, but the reviewers are a bit scathing.
    The Mountain warehouse one was more expensive to start with, is still over a tenner but the reviewers are much more positive. (Indeed one care home eagerly awaiting next power cut to try them out!)

Yes that's the one. Suits me ok. The other emergency lights I had were ones with batteries or you can charge them on the PC, which frankly is not much good in an emergency so they'll be going in the charity bag.

I'll be using mine like a torch when I go out at night to stop me falling into any more potholes.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Anybody else noticing that food prices are on the rise? I know they told us to expect it but as usual it's snowballing. Add that to elect prices rising and 1% - or lower- pay rises then we will all need to tighten something.
  • Jazee
    Options
    And just about every council doing the maximum increase allowed on the council tax bill this year, oh and the water bill just arrived, yes everything is going up. And my employer still negotiating with the unions about our payrise which should have kicked in last month. I expect Brexit will be blamed haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport