Zero hour contract and JSA.

Options
Hello,

Looking for advise as I have currently no idea what to do.

Had to leave my temp employment in middlesbrough at the end of last year because the contract ended in December. Decided to leave end of October as I had the chance to relocate to near Derby and managed to find a job with an agency for zero hours that lasted until the end of March. Got told at 1715 that my shift was over and I was no longer needed :(

Thankfully 2 weeks later I managed to find work in the evenings working in housekeeping for a hotel. Downside is that it is another zero hour contract but sometimes the work is constant. I have also made the comitment to go to university as a full time mature student in september so I'm just using this job to fill in the gap between now and september, and also as a part time student job.

Now here's my problem. Currently this job requires 85% occuipuncy for the hotel to require my services and next week the hotel is barely 50% full. I have checked my 'contract' and it seems that I am not officially employed by the company anyway (am i technically unemployed?). Would it be possible to claim JSA for next weeks earnings? On average I work between 16-20 hours a week. FYI I'm 25, single and live in a flatshare.

I'd rather not look for another employment as I would have to leave by september, and also this current job I have is perfect for a student.

Thx :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport