IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP Parking Charge at London Underground Station: POPLA Appeal Stage.

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh good, I thought you meant you'd only submitted 2000 characters!

Happy weekend.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Walaboobah
    Walaboobah Posts: 307 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I wouldn't mind betting that NCP will now cancel the ticket
  • kvu
    kvu Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi MSE Users

I won my appeal.

Simply, got the following reply yesterday from POPLA:

"NCP Ltd have told us they do not wish to contest the Appeal. This means that your Appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge."

If anyone has any questions or requests regarding my appeal process, letters used etc., then please do let me know and I'll happily post replies asap.

Thanks again to the community that helped me - you guys (and gals) were awesome.

Have a fab weekend all!!!

KVU
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Glad to hear it confirmed already, kvu!
    Walaboobah wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind betting that NCP will now cancel the ticket

You must be psychic! :)

But seriously, NCP do this a lot when they see a 'kitchen sink' POPLA appeal which they would spend hours responding to, then lose!
  • kvu
    kvu Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    But seriously, NCP do this a lot when they see a 'kitchen sink' POPLA appeal which they would spend hours responding to, then lose!

I think I threw the Kitchen Sink, Aga Oven, American Fridge and my "about to be collected" after being rejected, Volkswagen UP, at them.

My document was 8 pages long on font size 10.

I just got a simple three liner email - should I wait for a proper letter through the post or is that enough? It didn't even mention the adjudicator's name etc., just said the POPLA Appeal Team.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    That is enough, popla have spoken! NCP do throw in the towel a lot.
  • Autolycus2000
    Options
    Would love to see a copy of the final version of the POPLA appeal please as I have a similar case on the go at the moment and will be doing my POPLA appeal in the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if your case regards railway land (bylaws) you may wish to read this

https://popla.co.uk/

POPLA has decided to adjourn all cases on which the parking operator has asked the motorist to make a payment in respect of alleged breach of Byelaws. This is following complaints to POPLA and ISPA that POPLA has no authority to look at these appeals. We are considering our position and will make a further statement in due course. We do not anticipate the cases to be adjourned for more than two months from 1 September 2016. Parking operators should not pursue payment while the cases are adjourned. During this period, motorists must still submit their appeal within 28 days of the date of the POPLA code if they want POPLA to consider their appeal. If you have already submitted your appeal you do not need to take further action.

make sure you empathise the bylaw aspect or they will miss it
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    An April/May example is too old. We move fast here, improve POPLA appeals every month or so.

You can find example POPLA points in the penultimate page of 'POPLA Decisions' top of this forum. Written so you can almost copy them, then add anything else relevant (e.g. if it's a railway bylaws car park, search the forum for 'POPLA railway' and you'd find a good one, hopefully more recent than the Spring!).

Start a new thread when you are ready to show us your masterpiece of a draft, based on what you find when you look at more recent info.
  • Autolycus2000
    Options
    Apologies if I'm being thick, but I had a look at the penultimate page of 'POPLA Decisions' top of this forum and it only contains decisions, not the actual appeal letters. And in most cases POPLA only refer to one of the points in their decision response.

Also there was nothing very recent relating to railway byelaws other than one where a PENALTY charge notice had been issued, whereas I am dealing with a PARKING charge notice (and this would have altered POPLAs response quite a bit I am sure).

Am I doing something wrong?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport