Baby steps towards mortgage freedom

Options

Comments

• Moominmamma89
    Options
    Been a productive morning as had a meeting with the school at half 8 so managed to get the house cleaned up before we went - was very nice coming back with it all tidy :).

Munchkin had a development delay from when he was younger so we have regular meetings to check his progress. Both teacher and SENCO lady said he has improved loads since I met them last term and has hit all his targets :T - me and Button picked him up some chocolate on our walk to say well done. He works really hard and never gives up even when he finds things really difficult so felt he deserved a little treat for all his effort.

Got my sewing class tonight which I am looking forward to and it makes a nice change from the gym which is where I tend to escape to in the evenings for a bit of me time. Plus sewing class has a biscuit break :D.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    I always try to get the house straight before the school run - I really dislike coming back to beds to make, pots to wash etc. so it's a bit of a military operation in our house getting out of the door in a morning!

Thanks great that everything is going in the right direction for Munchkin. And best of luck with your next mini-milestone! x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Birthday cheques have cleared so made a second OP for February taking the total OP'd to £789.50 which brings my total for the year to £1,754.84. As this is over half way to the target I originally set I think I may up the target but will see how the DIY fund progresses first.

Sewing last night was really good - I made a tote bag :T. The cutting was not perfect and the stitching was more than a little wonky but it is a perfectly usable bag so I was quite impressed with myself.

Ooh and it was almost spring like on our walk this morning - fingers crossed a few more weeks and we will see the back of this dark wet weather.
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone :)

Today is Munchkin's last day at school before half term so he was excited about that this morning. I have a few things planned to keep us busy and make sure we don't just spend the week sitting indoors. Can't believe it is February half term already!

I am off dogsitting this evening for my mum. Usually I just pop in to let them out to pee half way through the evening but her next door neighbor was broken into the other week so I have said I will stay with them until she gets back. So picked up some chocolate to take with me when i went for today's walk :D.

Going to drop off Button's application for pre-school this afternoon which seems ridiculous as she isn't even 8 months old yet but I want to make sure she gets a pre-school place at the same school as Munchkin to make life a bit easier in the future.

Hope everyone has a good weekend :j
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Dogsitting was fun - got to watch dvds, eat ice cream and Mum brought me the magazine I usually buy so saved me £6.99.

Spent this morning at the gym, which was packed and then this afternoon at a birthday party for one of Munchkin's classmates. When we got home Button pulled herself up to standing :eek:. I was equally impressed and horrified that she may soon be more mobile - I made Mr Moomin lower the cot base before bed!!!

Having a cheeky pizza takeaway tonight as signed up for 10 week insanity course starting Monday. I did one before Xmas but this time me and Mr Moomin are splitting the course between us - think he is worried about if he will get through it :rotfl:.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    First day of half term and Munchkin managed to break a load of eggs over the kitchen floor before half 9 :mad: - as you can imagine we ended up having words and swimming this afternoon has been cancelled. He is now playing quietly with his trains while Button naps and I grab half hour to myself.

Had to go Mr T this morning to stock up on food for half term and with have to pay my trainer tonight for the insanity course so definitely not a NSD in the Moomin house.

Fingers crossed for a less spendy and stressful day tomorrow :rotfl:
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Spent this morning up the park as Munchkin wanted a go on his scooter. He is now happy doing his jigsaws while Button naps. Planning on watching a DVD this afternoon as it is looking like rain, so a NSD here for a change.

My night at the gym later which I am not looking forward to as achy from yesterday but I will be glad once I have done it.

Hope everyone is having a good week :)
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Oh dear - getting out of bed this morning was not easy, my legs completed seized and calves are uncomfortable to say the least. Thank god it is my night off, I plan to curl up on the sofa once monsters are in bed and do some quilting.

Munchkin is at Mum's today and gleefully told me this morning they are having a naughty day which includes no homework but plenty of sweets, a trip to soft play and some lego time once they get back - oh to be 5 again! Button has spent the morning pulling herself up on the sofa - she is definitely a very determined little thing and looks mega pleased with herself.

It has rained here all morning so not sure if we will get out for a walk. Has stopped atm but Button naps until 2 so waiting to see if it starts up again, if not I will get her out for half hour into the fresh air.
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Wow it is windy here today - had to pop out this morning before the rain started and trying to push the pram was a bit of a struggle! Munchkin wanted a picnic so I promised him an indoor one earlier in the week so we headed to Mr T this morning to pick up a few things for it later.

My night at the gym tonight and my calves are still feeling tight and achy - fingers crossed they loosen up during the warm up!
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Waahoooo it's Friday :j

Updated signature as second OP for February was applied to the account today. So close to being under £145k but will have to wait until next month now. Hoping to have about £100 left from household account this month to make up part of the March OP.

Have had quite a few YouGov surveys this week which is good and I am upto £3.50 on that.

Last day of half term today and Button is officially 8 months old which seems to have gone so fast - this time 8 months ago I was having fish and chips in the hospital :rotfl:.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport