Leapforce

Leapforce are currently recruiting Search Engine Evaluators in the UK

http://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/job/36;jsessionid=84482640321C4AFB27280045F35DC1FB.lf-prod-03-2209

I've previously worked for Lionbridge and thought this may prevent me working for any other company. However I didn't hide it from LF and was still invited to the exam the same day I applied. I did the exam yesterday. I am not too confident, feel like I may have picked up bad habits whilst working for LB. Bit like retaking a driving test, don't think I would pass again!

Just wondering if anyone is already working for them in case I do manage to pass the exam. Information seems to be minimal. All I have really read so far is that the rate of pay is per minute rather than the hour. Is there a minimum amount of hours per week? How regular is the work? How is payment made? I have read that there isn't any set contract length with LF which is a good thing, not like LB who get rid after 11 months.

Comments

• Lilyann
    Lilyann Posts: 63 Forumite
    Glad you started this thread, I'm a LB refugee and I'll be trying out LF too.... What's all this about Google Circles??
  • lexilex
    lexilex Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    To be honest I have no idea!

I applied really quickly when I had 5 minutes. I didn't pay much attention because I expected to be automatically rejected. It was only when somebody on here mentioned it that I went back and had a read.

It doesn't say it's essential to have a Google + account or any of that, just that the ideal candidate would have one.

It's worth a try anyway. Really quick process, much faster than Lionbridge.
  • Lilyann
    Phew, glad it's not just me, I'm going to give it a go at some point, prolly leave it till after 1/2 term now. I'll keep an eye on the thread to see how it goes, good luck. :)
  • enc10
    enc10 Posts: 90 Forumite
    I've just found out i passed the exam :) but haven't started work yet. Was a very quick process.
  • Lilyann wrote: »
    Glad you started this thread, I'm a LB refugee and I'll be trying out LF too.... What's all this about Google Circles??

What happened at Lionbridge to make you move over ?
  • lexilex
    enc10 wrote: »
    I've just found out i passed the exam :) but haven't started work yet. Was a very quick process.

Congrats!!
  • Lilyann
    penfriend wrote: »
    What happened at Lionbridge to make you move over ?

Where to start? It's fine for a lot of people, but it didn't work for me. One minute I'm 'under review' next I'm getting email asking why I haven't worked, never had a star rating, etc.... I think they get their wires crossed a lot. I'd like to work for a more transparent company, LB can appear to be quite Machiavellian at times.
  • LizD_2
    LizD_2 Posts: 1,503 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Just completed the application and I'm scheduled to start the exam on Friday :T
  • lexilex
    enc10 wrote: »

How long after your exam deadline did you get your result?? I am getting anxious already!
  • siendi
    siendi Posts: 73 Forumite
    Hi Lexilex, don't know if you remember me, we worked for LB at the same time & chatted on the lionbridge thread......huge coincidence, but i've just received my exam stuff for Leapforce too!! lol

Anyway, im hoping work will be more frequent with these...that was the downside of LB :( in the end, i just couldnt survive on the very little work i received

Anyone know if Leapforce work is frequent?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure