Premier Inn Hub hotels

Options
katejo
katejo Posts: 3,818 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
I have just come across these Hub hotels for the 1st time while looking a prices for a short budget break in Edinburgh. I can see that there is no parking and that the rooms are smaller. Neither of these is a problem for me. Are there any other significant differences (compared to the main Premier Hotels)? Would you recommend them?

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    You don't get the Good Night's Sleep guarantee. There's not an all you can eat breakfast, although the food available is better quality.

I'd definitely recommend them. If you did want a larger room they are available if you book on the hub website, not the PI one.
  • katejo
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    You don't get the Good Night's Sleep guarantee. There's not an all you can eat breakfast, although the food available is better quality.

I'd definitely recommend them. If you did want a larger room they are available if you book on the hub website, not the PI one.
    All my previous Premier Inn stays have been at airport hotels just before early flights. I have always had breakfast at the airport after security. I would want breakfast but nothing big.
  • jaynee68
    Options
    Hubby and I used a hub in London for the 1st time in September,they were compact but very comfortable. We would definitely book another one again if location and price were what we were after,the breakfast had less choice and was cheaper than the bigger PI's but still good enough to start the day.main difference for us was there is no tea/coffee tray in the room but you have access 24/7 to the ones in the cafe downstairs.
    HTH even though yours' is in Edinburgh they should be the same.
  • needaholiday
    Options
    I've stayed in one in London too and it was fine. Room was a bit small but we didn't spend much time in it and the 24/7 coffee in the downstairs bar was very nice.
  • katejo
    edited 5 November 2017 at 9:27PM
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. Decided to try it so have booked 3 nights in Edinburgh at the end of October.
    Now back from Edinburgh. I was really happy with the Premier hub hotel on East Market St. and will keep it in mind for future trips. On my first morning there i discovered that it wasn't actually necessary to have the full £5 breakfast deal. As they provide free tea/coffee, I only needed to pay for toast. The sourdough bread which they use for toast and their ploughman's platter is delicious. I got a refund on the pre- paid breakfasts.
    The bed was very comfortable.
  • alanrowell
    alanrowell Posts: 5,365 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've stayed in the Edinburgh one on East Market Street and the main problem for some people is that the bed is higher than normal beds so you have somewhere to put your luggage and that one side of the bed is up against a wall so for two the one who needs the loo the most at night needs to be on the floor side
  • katejo
    Options
    alanrowell wrote: »
    I've stayed in the Edinburgh one on East Market Street and the main problem for some people is that the bed is higher than normal beds so you have somewhere to put your luggage and that one side of the bed is up against a wall so for two the one who needs the loo the most at night needs to be on the floor side
    Do you mean to say that the bed being higher is an advantage or problem? Sounds ok to have somewhere to put the luggage. I have a solo booking so no problem re. sides of the bed and access to the loo. I have booked the same one on East Market St.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure