Loan - Not Mine

Options
axel132132
axel132132 Posts: 100 Forumite
Hi All,

My girlfriend is having a few issues with her credit report for a loan.

Basically when she was younger her mum took the loan out in her name and never repaid it - we did a credit check and this revealed this. Her mum has admitted it and has also said she will pay it of so debt collectors don't come etc.

Now this is all good and well (Its only 400 quid) - But it has affected my gf credit now and we are wanting to look for a mortgage.. Her credit is 12 on Experian

We want to get this removed and obviously ringing the loan company and explaining what has happened will get it removed I guess BUT we don't want to put her mum in a situation where she is going to get in trouble by the police for false taking a loan out etc (FRAUD)

SO basically is there a way where we can say to the loan company remove this from my credit file, add this onto her mums with her permission as it was her loan and don't take any action for the fraud part of the transaction and let her mum start paying it of direct to the loan company (Provident)

Please help as with her score the way it is we wont get a mortgage.

Comments

• BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    she can ask, but I would not expect to have it both ways; either you shop mum for fraud or you live with the effects of it. You don't get to just ask people to accept mum's a criminal and get away with a cheeky grin and a "sorry."
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • axel132132
    Options
    What I was thinking damn, just thought maybe because of how low it was they would allow it lol
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Call the police, its the only way to stop her doing it again. She's a criminal and needs to stopped and punished.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    axel132132 wrote: »
    What I was thinking damn, just thought maybe because of how low it was they would allow it lol

The amount is irrelevant. A credit file has to show accurate facts and until it is reported as fraud the accurate fact is your GF has taken out a loan with a doorstep lender and defaulted on it. Your GF needs to decide how important being able to get a mortgage or any loans for the next few years without having to resort to the likes of Amigo is in comparison to how much she is prepared to let her mum get away with shafting her life and thinking nothing of dropping her daughter in it.

Personally if it were my mother who had done it I wouldn't think twice of reporting it because she obviously would have thought so little of me and cared so little that she saw no problem doing this.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How long ago was it taken out ?
  • Pixie5740
    Pixie5740 Posts: 14,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Is the loan showing on your girlfriend's credit history? Note that's history and not score.

As for Experian only giving her a 12 who cares? Experian don't lend money.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Pixie5740 wrote: »
    Is the loan showing on your girlfriend's credit history? Note that's history and not score.

As for Experian only giving her a 12 who cares? Experian don't lend money.

To get a score as low as 12 there must be other defaults, late payments etc surely so one more is unlikely to make much difference.
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5650944&highlight=cifas

Post #11. There is no other way if you want to remove the information and be able to get a mortgage.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure