Desperate for advice - online credit card application and PPI?

I am new to this and have spent today trawling through the advice but cannot get answers to my situation so hope some of the well informed people I have seen on here can help me. I'm desperate to reclaim PPI charges on various credit cards which are still live. All were online applications.

I am in full time employment and receive a very generous package in the event of redundancy or sickness. I do not feel that the PPI policies on the cards I have would ever be of benefit to me but I have them and at this stage dare not even think about the amounts that have been accrued on these charges, which are still ongoing as I am trying to pay the cards off.

I would like to reclaim these charges but am not sure whether I could say they have been missold given that I must have asked for them when applying - otherwise I presumably would not have them.

Can anybody offer advice and whether these are valid reasons for requesting the premiums to be repaid - even better has anybody been successful with the reasons:

1. The policy is of no benefit to me and had I realised I would not have requested it
2. is it responsible lending to allow these charges to accrue and not offer any advice or check they were still suitable for my needs?

Does the fact that they were online applications basically mean I don't have a leg to stand on?

Desperate and hope somebody can help me. There may be another "angle" that I have not thought of. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    mrsmccat wrote: »
    I am new to this and have spent today trawling through the advice but cannot get answers to my situation so hope some of the well informed people I have seen on here can help me. I'm desperate to reclaim PPI charges on various credit cards which are still live. All were online applications.

I am in full time employment and receive a very generous package in the event of redundancy or sickness. I do not feel that the PPI policies on the cards I have would ever be of benefit to me but I have them and at this stage dare not even think about the amounts that have been accrued on these charges, which are still ongoing as I am trying to pay the cards off.

I would like to reclaim these charges but am not sure whether I could say they have been missold given that I must have asked for them when applying - otherwise I presumably would not have them.

Can anybody offer advice and whether these are valid reasons for requesting the premiums to be repaid - even better has anybody been successful with the reasons:

1. The policy is of no benefit to me and had I realised I would not have requested it
    2. is it responsible lending to allow these charges to accrue and not offer any advice or check they were still suitable for my needs?

Does the fact that they were online applications basically mean I don't have a leg to stand on?

Desperate and hope somebody can help me. There may be another "angle" that I have not thought of. Thanks in advance.

Hi and Welcome.;)

I will try and be clear as possible.

I would start if you've not done so already make sure you have the agreements for these, if you have not write to them and as there is a charge of £1 postal order or cheque payment for these copies you would have to enclose that amount for each one requested.

There should not be a problem in you receiving these documents if these were taken out over the last 6 years.

They should send these to you within 12 days of your request, if you request for these in writing be sure to post by recorded delivery.

However, if you aware already aware as you do seem to be that PPI is added, you can still continue to write to them and complain and reclaim.

Below I will add a link for you with further information on PPI reclaiming.
    You will find some useful info of PPI mis selling and a reclaim letter template, but try to use your own words if you can and obviously add your own reasons, if there are any more reasons you find in the link below add them as well, if they occur to you.

They have 8 weeks to respond, if not successful first time round you may have the opportunity to write to them again, or until you receive the "final response", they should then confirm how you can take this matter further if your not satisfied, such as the Financial ombudsman service (FOS), with an enclosed leaflet of their complaint procedures, good luck and post again if you require any further help in this matter.;)
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Di
    X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Sling shot with ammo in the handle

Has anyone bought this type of sling shot before that holds the amo in the handle? http://www.liangdianup.com/sporting_1.htm
    this company has free shipping to anywhere in the world and they guarantee delivery to Australia. I heard that sling shots
    are ok to sell in Australia as long as you say they are being used to toss bait in the water when you go fishing, any truth
    to thatone?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport