Woolwich, bunch of gits

Options
I have banked with the Woolwich for 6 years and I have an Open plan current account. In all that time the account has been run perfectly. I only have an Electron card and I have tried several times to get the card upgraded to a Visa debit card. Everytime they say no. I asked why and they said because there was a problem with my credit report.

So I joined Experian on line and paid the £50 so I could access my report anytime I wished. My report was and is perfect.

I sent them a copy and appealed thier decision, but still no joy. So I visited my local branch manager who was at a loss as to what was going on. So he tried his best for me, but still no joy.

So I have now asked for all and any information the bank has on me under the data and freedom of information acts.

While all this has been going on, I have managed to open a Gold account with Lloyds TSB, borrowed 16K from the Clydesdale. All this was done after, the woolwich did thier last search on me.

I dont want to close the Woolwich as I have regular monies being paid in and I like the internet service they have.

So, whats my next step, even my branch manager does not understand, all he gets told is, we are unable to issue the visa delta at this time.

Any advice would be greatfully recieved. Letter to the bank CEO?
Sarah x

Comments

• Penny-Pincher!!
    Penny-Pincher!! Posts: 8,325 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Big_Billy

Im afraid I cant help you. I have banked with the Woolwich for 10 years and have never had any problems. Have a full account with Cheque Book & Visa Debit Card/£100 guarentee card.

My sister in law on the other hand banks with them and she has had nothing but problems with them. She is nearly 40 (im 30) and still has a basic account with cheque book and visa electron. Saying that she is crap with her finances and always has debt collectors at the door or phone :eek: So that doesnt help you either...sorry!!

It does seem strange that you can aquire loads of other credit facilities but not upgrade this particular bank account :mad: Maybe its time to consider moving to a bank thats going to give you what YOU need.

I think with the Woolwich that every time you apply for overdrafts, upgrades etc they search your credit files and this is marked down each time-so personally I would leave it as these searches can affect your credit rating if too many are made in a short time period.

Good luck & sorry I couldnt help you :rolleyes:

Penny-Pincher!!
    xxx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Woolwich is part of Barclays now. I don't know about whole Barclays, but it looks like Barclaycard use Equifax, not Experian:

'Experian vs. Equifax' thread

Files in different CRAs could differ and mistakes happen. It is worth ordering your Equifax report for £2 and check it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure