NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    ToTo_Man wrote: »
    At a cost of £2 per month, even without the switching bonus, the NW Reward account seems a good deal for those who have high monthly bills paid by DD as it offers 2% cashback on these. I've never switched my "main" current account that services the majority of my DD bills before, but am tempted to do so for this account. I've compared the NW Reward vs the Santander 123 Lite, and after paying the respective monthly fees the NW gives me £92 annual cashback vs £86 for the Santander Lite. Does anyone know how long the 2% cashback with NW on monthly DD bills is guaranteed for?

This was my thinking HOWEVER with the Santander account you have access to the 5% regular saver which for me tips the balance. At least it doesn't make the switch worthwhile from a main account.
  • tempus_fugit
    tempus_fugit Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 11 January 2018 at 4:47PM
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    How curious. I didn't know that all it takes to salve a guilty conscience is two months.
    Who knows, it might not. it wasn't me that suggested it.

Is it any worse than switching the CB account now that I have the money for that, which was my original idea?
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Anyone applied as an existing customer? Rather than my account being opened straight away it said I would hear in a few days but not received any email confirmation of my application last night.
  • tomthered
    tomthered Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You can't switch a joint into a sole using the CASS.

so if i attempt a switch they would require the same details to match the new account, so i assume i would need to create a new joint account? Presumably if its not currently used in any way that doesnt matter? I could just put £50 or £100 in it and comply with transferring the money
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Who knows, it might not. it wasn't me that suggested it.
    Perhaps I should have added a wink to show it was tongue in cheek?
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Me too! :D
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    You probably should have. :p

Seriously though, I was thinking more of what seems reasonable from the point of view of the donor account, whether jumping the gun too early would cause problems. (Be easy on me, I'm new to this. ;))
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • Mannanan
    Mannanan Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    With these switching offers, my limited experience tells me to strike quickly on all counts. Don’t delay the switch date if possible, fill everything in online all in one hit and avoid going into branches. We can guess this offer will be pulled or altered pretty quickly so don’t go moaning later. Take the money and run to the next offer.
  • S_uk
    S_uk Posts: 337 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    I don't see your problem.

No debit card was issued with your Nationwide account, so you select 'No'

This is the case, so the bit in brackets doesn't apply.

I think you've misunderstood the bit in brackets;)
    When I opened my Nationwide account a debit card was issued, it's just that I cut it up as I was using it as a savings account.
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    Mannanan wrote: »
    With these switching offers, my limited experience tells me to strike quickly on all counts. Don’t delay the switch date if possible, fill everything in online all in one hit and avoid going into branches. We can guess this offer will be pulled or altered pretty quickly so don’t go moaning later. Take the money and run to the next offer.
    Yes, the CB/YB was pulled pretty quickly as I recall.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure