Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Options

Comments

• broken_spirit
    Options
    wba31 wrote: »
    Unless you have received a county court judgement from someone and not responded to it/kept to payments you wont have any bailiffs appearing so dont worry aboutt hat.

Have you spoke to anyone about moving forward with your DRO yet? (if you've answered that already i do apologise, there are a lot of new posts since i last posted...)

Good morning wba :)

No ccj's, so maybe I'm just worrying unneccessarily. It's the time scale I've bee quoted by NDL that made me concerned about phone calls/visits as it means I'd miss making two payments.
    NDL sent the forms out to me last night so should be here tomorrow. I've already run through my soa with them & they said all was fine with it & that I definately fit the criteria xxx
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    hi all....well 2morrows the day my dro gets submitted...im not at all nervous about this....its the waiting afterwards to see if its been approved that will be worrying me, i have to be there for 9-30 and the lady im seeing is absolutely brilliant and i know she wouldnt be submitting it if she had any doubts but i will still have a niggling feeling that something will go wrong....and if all goes well i'l then be worrying for the next 28 days or so to see if any of my creditors dispute it....i know i shudn't wish my life away but i wish i could move the clock forward a month to when its all done and dusted....think i need a :coffee: xx
  • broken_spirit
    Options
    scarlet55 wrote: »
    hi all....well 2morrows the day my dro gets submitted...im not at all nervous about this....its the waiting afterwards to see if its been approved that will be worrying me, i have to be there for 9-30 and the lady im seeing is absolutely brilliant and i know she wouldnt be submitting it if she had any doubts but i will still have a niggling feeling that something will go wrong....and if all goes well i'l then be worrying for the next 28 days or so to see if any of my creditors dispute it....i know i shudn't wish my life away but i wish i could move the clock forward a month to when its all done and dusted....think i need a :coffee: xx
    I'll be thinking of you, with all fingers & toes crossed for you. I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm pretty sure when my day comes, I'll be feeling just the same as you though,lol. Try get some sleep................it'll soon be "D"ro day!!!!:j
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • kerry2285
    kerry2285 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    probably not...and when its all done then its the agonising wait to see if its been approved...not sure how long that takes...a lot of people on here said it was the next day but im sure kerrys was 3 days....ohhh the agony of it all..lol :cool::cool::cool:

Good luck for today!

It took from tuesday til friday for a letter to get to me but the dates on the register suggest it was agreed on wednesday. So it only really took a day. Very quick! Check the register the following day.
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    As long as you are eligible for the DRO it will be fine (under £15k, car worth less than £1k, other assets under £300, surplus under £50)> Intermediaries should warn you if there is any hint of a problem...

It may be worth quickly ringing each creditor this morning for the up to date balance too!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    thanks every-one well its been submitted and my adviser said it was very straightforward, she even thanked me for being so organised...i didnt think i was...she wouldn't have said that iff she had seen me running about last week finding things and copying everything...thanks for the advise kerry about looking on the insolvency website...does any-one have a link for this please :):):)
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    wba31 wrote: »
    As long as you are eligible for the DRO it will be fine (under £15k, car worth less than £1k, other assets under £300, surplus under £50)> Intermediaries should warn you if there is any hint of a problem...

It may be worth quickly ringing each creditor this morning for the up to date balance too!
    thanks wba, i did this, lloyds have already banged on £150 for not paying my loan last friday but none of the others are due yet and iv always been up to date with them so hopefully they shoudnt pose any problems.
  • Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    thanks wba, i did this, lloyds have already banged on £150 for not paying my loan last friday but none of the others are due yet and iv always been up to date with them so hopefully they shoudnt pose any problems.

good luck scarlet... i put an extra couple of hundred on all my debts just to cover any extra interest payments i may have had. the cab lady had no problem with it and everything went through smoothly :)
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    hi orville....thought you had emigrated lol.well iv just got to wait now to see if its approved, she said i should here b4 the weekend....kerry advised me to keep looking on the insolvency website, my stomach is in knots even though everything went smoothly...:j
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    thanks every-one well its been submitted and my adviser said it was very straightforward, she even thanked me for being so organised...i didnt think i was...she wouldn't have said that iff she had seen me running about last week finding things and copying everything...thanks for the advise kerry about looking on the insolvency website...does any-one have a link for this please :):):)

this should be the link so you can just input your name and see if you are on the register... it might be approved today, may not be until tomorrow or friday... depends on how the IS are doing...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback