Anglian Water Home Protection - Excellent Deal

Options
I got a mailer thru the door about home protection insurance being offered by Anglian Water - it seemed pretty cheap, so I took it out.

I have two policies - one which covers plumbing emergencies and drains, and the other which covers electrical emergencies and repairs.

On Sunday I noticed smoke coming from one of my plug sockets (never a good look!) so called Anglian and reported it, along with a wall mounted lamp which stopped working a few weeks ago (always looking for value for money!)

Anyway - no hassle - electrician called me back, was with me in under two hours, installed a new socket and fixed the lamp.

None of this cost me anything at all - no excess - just the 32.00 a year I paid for the policy. No way would I be able to get an emergency electrician out on a Sunday round here normally without remortgaging the house!

Really pleased - so thought I would post it on here.

Cant find a website for it, but the phone number is 0800 083 9602

Plumbing and Drainage was 29.99 pa for 1k worth of work inside (2 claims per year) and 2k outside on the same basis.

Electricity was 30.00 for up to 1k per call-out (no apparent restrictions) guaranteed 2 hour response or your money back.

You cant claim in the first 14 days, but if you have something thats non-urgent (like my wall lamp) this could be claimed for at a later date.

Mallory

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the post. Does it cover parts, or just labour?
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • mallory_knox
    Options
    It covered everything on Sunday - the sparky and all the bits.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure