IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart parking Ltd PCN

Options
Amboman
Amboman Posts: 13 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 10 June 2017 at 10:33PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello all,

After a recent holiday I've just had a PCN through the post I feel it's an extortionate amount. And feel someone getting scammed way to much for a genuine mistake. The driver always pays for parking,

Thanks for your advice

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    There is a post at the top of this forum that advises Newbies to read it. It's one of the sticky threads. It contains a comprehensive guide to beating these tickets.

You will need to read it several times but it's worth it.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Smart are so easy to beat - provided you get your head around this stuff. We'll help, but you'll need to take the lead in researching what is in front of you.

It's not complicated, but it's not 'painting by numbers' either as one of our esteemed senior members would say.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Amboman
    Options
    Many thanks for the replys. I'll have a look though the info
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Amboman wrote: »
    Many thanks for the replys. I'll have a look though the info

If you get stuck don't hesitate to ask. The regulars here are happy to help as long as you're willing to put a bit of effort in.
  • Amboman
    edited 10 June 2017 at 10:34PM
    Options
    Yes that is totally acceptable, and I would not dream of just sitting back and trying to get everyone to do my work for me which I can imagine people will try and do.

Couple of questions, the driver overstayed as The driver paid for 2 hours and not 3. Do I explain this to them, It was a genuine mistake.I'm guessing they won't listen to this and greed takes over and theyll want the full amount.

Also looking through the info, the company is a BPA member, if I submit the template for BPA it's referring to signage. What if all there signs are within legal limits. Would I be barking up the wrong treee with this template,

Many thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    Options
    What if all there signs are within legal limits
    How would you know? Have you pedantically analysed them against BPA requirements?

Remember, it's not for you to prove your 'innocence', it is for them to prove their case. Accept nothing, challenge everything - preferably from a position of knowledge, but challenge it, whatever.

There are far too many 'Me, Myself and I's' in your posts. The driver should only ever be identified by the term 'the driver'. Not 'me', not 'i', not 'my wife/husband', not 'my son/daughter', not 'my aunty/uncle' - not anything other than 'the driver'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    that template fits allcomers, just use it as is

no they wont care about any excuses, as far as they are concerned THE DRIVER erred and so should pay a large amount of money, set as £100 maximum by the BPA and £85 was endorsed by the Supreme Court in the Beavis case so no matter what you call it, its not going to wash

you should only use the words THE DRIVER and THE KEEPER on here and never reveal who may have done what, as big brother is watching ;)

so edit your posts above

there is no point even looking to mitigate this , its all or nothing , there is no "offering to pay a portion" or anything else, because as you say greed is profit

also there is no way that you are an expert on signs , you probably dont even know if they meet the BPA CoP (or the rule of law , most dont meet either)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    paid for 2 hours and not 3. Do I explain this to them, I still have my ticket for 2 hours. It was a genuine mistake.

No, just use the template - as the keeper, online appeal (take a screenshot) - and they will crawl back under their stone.

Why would anyone write their own and say who was driving, after reading the NEWBIES thread telling them why not to do that and how to win? Don't reinvent the wheel, this forum's approach works. Smart will cancel.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Amboman
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

I cannot seem to work out which template to use. They are bpa members looking on Google. Do I just use there online appeal with the template. The IPC template does seem more relevant.

Sorry if I'm not getting this to well, it's been a long week lol

Thanks again
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The IPC template does seem more relevant

No, the IPC template is more detailed because the BPA one simply does not need to be. Use the BPA one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure