Santas challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    foxyloxy11 wrote: »
    I've just ordered mine from Mr T...hate having them lying around for ages BUT love the savings :) especially as I need 12 plus my own kids

If I could, I'd only buy eggs for my own children but I know that Mr C will want go buy eggs for our nieces and nephews. I'm going to make up some little Easter party bags, which I can do for about £1 each.

crazy cat I've heard of Ali Express, although I've never used them, so maybe I'll have another look.

My handbag hook arrived and I'm pleased with that. I've ordered my Mum a travel wallet, which should be arriving next week, so that will be my mum sorted for Xmas.
  • foxyloxy11
    foxyloxy11 Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Went to a local post office to buy a card and didn't realise that it was closing down. All the Hallmark cards were 10 for a £1!!!!! so 40 cards later....... :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    Options
    Thats a brilliant bargain on the cards foxyloxy.....wish I was that lucky!
    Only had a couple of £1 eggs stored away but keep eating them........must get some willpower from somewhere:o
    Have cashed out a £5 voucher to get a big egg for my daughter. Originally she was only getting a small egg and some other stuff but I know she will really like the egg with the goodies ready for uni, and with having the voucher it will mean that I only need to spend a £1:T
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • chanie
    Options
    foxyloxy11 wrote: »
    Went to a local post office to buy a card and didn't realise that it was closing down. All the Hallmark cards were 10 for a £1!!!!! so 40 cards later....... :)

That's a great deal. It's definitely worth stocking up on cards as they can be so expensive otherwise.
  • crazy-cat-lady_2
    Options
    Woo. Lucky you on the cards. That's amazing. Sad for the post office, but a great bargain is a great bargain.

There are some good Easter egg offers on but I daren't buy so early. Every year we end up getting them in and then eating 2 and then 4 and then..then restocking. The baby doesn't get one. Must be good and get her a toy instead. I'm a chocoholic. Not having her start at such a young age! Niece and nephew get one and we always et each other one. But apart from that, the other 10 or so we get are usually just eaten by us. So I'll wait a while. If I can. There's something about Easter eggs that tastes so good.

Had a good deal on nappies at boots. They were 3 packs for £6. But there was a glitch where with a code you got the 3 for £1.60. Saw it on hot deals. So I got 9 big packs of nappies for under £5. They honoured it and I have to work out how I'm going to collect them from the store and get them home now.
    Same as Amazon had a glitch on sudocrem 250g pots last month. 31p instead of £5 each. They honoured it and we have 2kg of sudocrem for £2.48. It was only up for about 5 minutes but we snuck in in time. It's rare I manage it. So was doing a happy dance.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • chanie
    Options
    chanie wrote: »
    I've ordered my Mum a travel wallet, which should be arriving next week, so that will be my mum sorted for Xmas.

The travel wallet arrived and I'm really pleased with it. That's the first person I can fully cross off my Xmas list!!
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    I get all prepared early buying presents that I know friends and family will like, saving money in the process buying throughout the year and in sales:T, but am I any good at sending those that need to be sent.......nope........and I'm still hunting out one of my brother's presents:o.
    A family member has an important birthday tomorrow and I've only just packaged up the presents(combined with presents from my mum and the rest of our side)
    Real life isn't being very kind at the minute, but at least I don't have to pay postage-can use the stamps I've saved from the RM surveys
    Chanie do you mind me asking where you got the travel wallet from please? My sis-in-law is a traveller and I'm just thinking what a great present this would be for her
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    forgot to say C-C-L......cracking bargains on the nappies and sudocrem......a real money saver. I love it when you can jump on a glitch, i'm not always quick enough.
    I've also eaten my original Easter eggs bought, daughter wanted to go to Tesc@s today to take advantage of their offer on the large eggs. quite a few people were doing it. I ended up buying for the family, all hidden away safe, if they're out of sight they stand a better chance of surviving!!!!!
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    edited 9 March 2017 at 1:59AM
    Options
    I've had to hide the Easter eggs in the wardrobe.... otherwise there get set.

Tidying around earlier and found body shop bag.... stuff brought for friends bday... completely forgot about it, stocked up when they had the big sale... so now hav her bday and Xmas done.

Mother's Day present next.... my mum wants knickers.... so knickers it will be!

Slowly catching up, had my uncle in hospital last week, the big c.... not helped as he has dementia, been running my aunt around, popping miss hoodie to a party sat ngt, popped to hospital.... he had 2 falls in hospital, he's home now

This weekend... need to find my Xmas list, as need to update the computer and see what we need....

Xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    mum2one - Sorry to hear that your Uncle is ill.

Everyone else, well done on all the bargains!

I am sitting at home waiting on 2 deliveries of Christmas presents, once they arrive I can cross 2 off my Christmas list as complete - yay!

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport