Budget Energy

Options

Comments

• justaquestion
    Options
    Well well now, what a company, signed up to them for a years contract at 12.5p per unit, and now that shock email.

what I would like to know is,
    1 is this breech of contract on their part,
    2 what do they really think it will do to their image, or don't they care?
  • rexel
    rexel Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am with budget energy my direct debit is paid on 14/12/16 should I cancel it now before I move to artricity
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vote with your feet. If they give you an email with the choice to move then take it. They depend on people not being bothered. I would say legally they have to give anyone on a fixed deal the option to get out. Run for the hills
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • n1guy
    n1guy Posts: 685 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just got something similar. I'm up from 13.74 to 15.866, I'm on Keypad. Well they can just stick that.
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Me too. I just got the letter and mine's going up to 15.866p

It's quite a jump from the 13.33p I signed up to for the year. I'm not sure who to switch to. I had a nightmare experience with airtricity previously so I'd avoid them like the plague. I'm also wondering if all the prices are about to rise which might mean there's no point moving.
  • ripplyuk
    Options
    I'm also a bit miffed about having to give them 5 working days notice to leave. They're the ones breaking the contract, not me!

How does that even work? Do I have to wait until my notice period is up before I can move to another company?

And the letter doesn't say when they're going to start charging this higher rate. Are they doing it already?
  • guiriman
    Options
    What contract did they break exactly? The deal they were offering was to go onto a tariff for a 12 month period, they don't guarantee what the price of that tariff will be.

The email I received said to advise them at least five working days before 30th December, not that five days notice had to be given.
  • ripplyuk
    Options
    They offered a cheaper price if I signed up for 12 months, which means I had to stay with them for 12 months, and couldn't choose to leave anytime. That seems like a contract. They must recognise that too, otherwise they wouldn't be letting everyone leave now that they're putting the price up.

The 5 day things does sound a bit vague. It doesn't say it's a notice period but it feels that way. I can't see any other reason why they'd state a specific number of days. I'd like to switch and the other suppliers all say I don't need to contact my current supplier. Is it enough that they'll let Budget know for me?
  • babss
    babss Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi im with budget was going to change to sse two months ago thy were offering £75 to change but then budget phoned and offered me £30 and a low tariff for a year. So far I've received £10 and have'nt heard from them since now I'm just waiting on a letter of EMail from them to say they have put it up. Who is the cheapest?
  • saverbuyer
    saverbuyer Posts: 2,556 Forumite
    Options
    guiriman wrote: »
    What contract did they break exactly? The deal they were offering was to go onto a tariff for a 12 month period, they don't guarantee what the price of that tariff will be.

The email I received said to advise them at least five working days before 30th December, not that five days notice had to be given.

Looking at the promotional literature (not the T&Cs) there appears to be a fee for switching supplier in the promotional 12 month period. So Budget can change the price anytime in the 12 month promotional period but the customer has to pay to leave?Something isn't right here. Vote with your feet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure