PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Late payment charge, prior to completion! HELP

Options
Hello,

I am due to complete on my first house this coming Friday, the 21st.

I have a very account which I pay monthly. Due to being preoccupied with the purchase of the house I completely forgot about the payment! I have been so stressed out with the house that I made myself ill and am not as organised as usual.

I am sick with worry that the Mortgage lender will do a final check and this will show and worried my mortgage offer will be withdrawn.

I spoke to three different advisors at very who have all told me to not worry and said I could have this charge removed as I have since made 3 payments on the account after 3 days of the payment being due.

Can someone please help! We are 4 sleeps away from completing and I would be devastated if this was the reason we couldn't proceed.

Comments

• lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Have they recorded it as a late payment on your credit file?
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there a reason you've posted this again when you have already had replies on your other thread?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5541340
  • DHanton
    Options
    When I spoke with one of the advisors, they told me to not worry as this wouldn't show but I am worried it has! If I was to check my credit file on Experian would it show that I've made a search?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,542 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DHanton wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your advice and help.

I think I will be ok, I work in the mortgage industry and colleagues advised I should be fine. I've had a formal offer from Santander and exchanged contracts 4 weeks ago.

Due to vendor being away, completion wasn't able to be sooner which is why we chose next Friday.

When I spoke to one advisor at very they said the late payment charge would be removed as I have made 3 payments since receiving the text message from them.

If I was to check Experian would this flag with the mortgage lender?

I usually pay on time but we have had the most stressful process with this house (due to restriction problems at land registry) I completely forgot and my head just wasn't as organised as usual.

So stressed you forgot you already posted once?

You've been told by three different advisors and numerous forumites it's fine.

It's fine.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    DHanton wrote: »
    When I spoke with one of the advisors, they told me to not worry as this wouldn't show but I am worried it has! If I was to check my credit file on Experian would it show that I've made a search?

Ofcourse not...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You are four days from completing. You have been assured it won't show. Even if it did, what could you do? Just concentrate on packing.., there's no point at all in worrying about something that you can't change.., particularly when it looks as if it won't affect your mortgage application.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure