Help needed for a puzzled mover

Options
I have 2 credit cards that I use monthly with different statement dates so switch between for that reason

I have also had a mortgage offer to replace the one we have now - assuming our sale goes through etc etc

The problem is that we agreed to some works being done to our current house that need to be paid now - as cash

We do not have enough savings to cover this so, as one of the cards has a high credit limit, I would be grateful of some advice...... Do I take another card out and transfer the balance off this card, or to the other - but knowing I will be paying monthly interest until the balance comes down to one I can pay off monthly

The intention would be to use the higher credit limit card to make a payment to my bank account with the expectation that will be paid off in around 4-6 months after we have moved and the new mortgage is in place

Any advice gratefully appreciated

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And what happens if the mortgage provider does a final credit check before the mortgage goes through. General wisdom is not to take out new credit so close to a mortgage application/process.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Should have addes that even additional apending on an existing card between application and completion could cause problems.
  • BusRider51
    Options
    Thanks

Does it make a difference if the new mortgage is with the same lender and equity is high?
  • flower77g
    Options
    Another option is to reduce the sale price if the buyer is happy to pay for the works.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure