PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Help to Buy to LISA Transfer

Options
If I transfer 6k Help to Buy ISA to a LISA which was opened in June 2017, what is the position if I complete my property purchase before the first anniversary of opening the LISA? Do I lose the bonus completely?

All other HTB and LISA rules are covered and it doesn’t matter exactly when I receive the bonus as I can cover the full deposit and other costs from other savings.

I have searched MSE and the web but can’t find the answer so any comments would be appreciated as I need to make a decision on the transfer before the Skipton transfer deadline which is 1 March.

Thanks.

Andrew.

Comments

• ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    From what I read you need to have it open for 1 year to be eligible for the bonus
  • WibblyGirly
    Options
    I think you lose the bonus, interest and another small % of money if you break the terms on the account.
  • Lolly88
    Lolly88 Posts: 322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You will not recieve the bonus and also lose some of the money you have deposited if you withdraw it due to the penalty for withdrawing before the 1 year anniversary, this is clearly stated in the terms and conditions. So if you are completing before June then stick to the ISA and use that bonus.
    Homeowner
    :j
  • uih039
    uih039 Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lolly88 wrote: »
    You will not recieve the bonus and also lose some of the money you have deposited if you withdraw it due to the penalty for withdrawing before the 1 year anniversary, this is clearly stated in the terms and conditions. So if you are completing before June then stick to the ISA and use that bonus.

Many thanks to all who replied. I think I will play safe and stick with the HTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure