Tropic Skincare

Options
Hi everyone, I have been doing some research into starting a home business. There seems to be a lot doing the rounds on social media at the moment. I have had a look into Tropic Skincare and I quite like the brand and the products.

Does anyone have any experience of being a Tropic Ambassador that they wish to share with me?

Comments

• DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do you want to lose all your friends and alienate your family? Most people already have a preferred skin care regime, and won't appreciate selling to them. You'll put pressure on them to buy from you, and in turn create resentment.

Its happened a million times with a lot of companies.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    If you want to start a home business, then you'd do best to sell your own products and research a niche market. Tropic skincare is just another Avon, Mary Kay, Forever Living, Virgin Vie, Betterware, Kleeneasy, Amway........I could go on and on and on. They are all basically pyramid schemes, however they tart them up to get round the law these days. You will probably earn about 20p in every £1 you sell and from that you will have to buy all your stock, brochures, bags etc etc etc. You will just be making someone else rich and in turn, as the above poster said- alienate your friends and family. They will all promise you the world, flash cars, foreign holidays...get rich quick. It's all lies.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback. I was looking for people who have done it before but there are different sides to my research.

I certainly wouldn't go into anything without thinking about it. Also I would have to find a way without alienating my friends.
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback. I was looking for people who have done it before but there are different sides to my research.

I certainly wouldn't go into anything without thinking about it. Also I would have to find a way without alienating my friends.

There isn't a way. It is a severely oversaturated market. Think of the hundreds of skin care brands, and "tropic" is fairly unknown and therefore untrusted by the majority.

There's nobody to sell to apart from friends and family at first - so you will end up losing friends.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options

I am speaking as someone who used to sell Avon, essentially the same thing.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Fallen-Angel
    Fallen-Angel Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    I sell Younique and Jamberry, I haven't lost any friends - at least none that matter (maybe a few I "met" on baby forums). There is a way to do it which isn't pushy - people like to buy from DS/MLM companies, there is a reason companies like Avon, Ann Summers, Mary Kay have been around decades and there is no harm in new products coming to the market.

I'd say if you like the products and use them anyway then what's the harm? I went for Jamberry (never planned to) because I knew I'd end up buying all the accessories and at least 1 wrap a month so it was cost effective to buy the kit - it just so happens I've managed to get a fair few friends addicted to the wraps hahahaha
  • Miss_Ems
    Options
    I have just stumbled across this thread and it is amusing me that so many people have negative opinions who haven't actually sold Tropic themselves.
    My friend is a Tropic ambassador and she hasn't alienated anyone and as a friend that buys her products and used to sell Avon i can tell you that Tropic is nothing like Avon. Avon is cheap crap catalogue rubbish with a very out dated style. The Tropic products are new, like nothing else on the market (well not much else) and amazing and sell themselves once you have tried them. You don't have to be pushy, just lend things to friends and give free facials and the rest will happen naturally. Also, you can set up stalls at local fairs, run online pamper parties so people can get free products.
    As for a saturated market. A lot of women love skincare and are always looking for new ways to improve how they look so there are plenty of women who haven't heard of this "unknown product" but will lap it up once you have told them!
    I know your post is very old but if you haven't taken the plunge yet i would say don't hesitate.
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Miss_Ems wrote: »
    I have just stumbled across this thread and it is amusing me that so many people have negative opinions who haven't actually sold Tropic themselves.
    My friend is a Tropic ambassador and she hasn't alienated anyone and as a friend that buys her products and used to sell Avon i can tell you that Tropic is nothing like Avon. Avon is cheap crap catalogue rubbish with a very out dated style. The Tropic products are new, like nothing else on the market (well not much else) and amazing and sell themselves once you have tried them. You don't have to be pushy, just lend things to friends and give free facials and the rest will happen naturally. Also, you can set up stalls at local fairs, run online pamper parties so people can get free products.
    As for a saturated market. A lot of women love skincare and are always looking for new ways to improve how they look so there are plenty of women who haven't heard of this "unknown product" but will lap it up once you have told them!
    I know your post is very old but if you haven't taken the plunge yet i would say don't hesitate.

Your "friend".

If you say so, dear.
  • niftyone
    niftyone Posts: 295 Forumite
    edited 13 April 2017 at 3:56AM
    Options
    Miss_Ems wrote: »

Just stumbled upon it my foot. You have dug up and old thread and joined MSE just to big up Tropic and have a cheap pop at Avon.

Your " friend " haha. My guess is your involved in Tropic as you say how great the products are and how easy etc it is to sell them and describe various routes to market.

If they sold themselves they would not need distributors.

• niftyone
    niftyone Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    Hi i am an Ambassador for Tropic it is the best decision i have ever made!!! The products are amazing as is the company so many incentives and rewards its fantastic x

Along comes another Tropic Bot to dig up thread who joins just to big up the opportunity...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure