Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can totally relate to emotionally draining work, having seen friends go though the mill with it.
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I used to find massage draining enough with some clients - not the physical element, but some people were so *needy* on the energy front and took all of mine if I wasn't careful. On the other hand, some were great and it would be a mutually beneficial re-energising session for us both :)

Glad you've not got CFS, KC. My late m-I-l had that (along with many other ailments) and I've a friend with a teenager with it. Explaining how debilitating it can be can be hard when you can look well. A friend with lupus used to always use the 'spoons' analogy often found online, and I always think it works with CFS.

You take care of yourself now - you want to enjoy your new writing career after all your counselling years x

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks greent! And watty :)

Yep, that's it ... obviously, these are current clients, so there's nothing I can say, but that I'll be glad to retire :)

I've been blogging, you goving (4855 points! nearly there!) and cutting back the side border that extends front and back. It suddenly looks a lot tidier and a lot *nicer* :o Some repair work is needed to the "concrete" aka sand, between the paving stones, but at least I can almost reach every bit of the border now :o and I'll soon be able to plant the area up with low growing herbs, as opposed to the towering foliage plants the previous owners thought were right for such a narrow space, grr!

I'm definitely in a good phase :j but I'm stopping the physical work for today, don't want to overdo it, I've been at it a while as it is.

Off for a quick look round the boards - kettle's boiled, just got to get my cuppa now :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Your positivity just shines from your post KC :) I'm having a cuppa with you in spirit, and a cheeky chocolate digestive too ;) xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi Karmacat, sounds like you've had a brilliant day and I was interested to read the CFS fatigue/syndrome comments.

Have you taken the Nora Batty style hat off yet?

Tilly x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Watty's massage clients sound like Energy Vampires.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Your positivity just shines from your post KC :) xx

I thought exactly the same thing - a very 'bouncy' post :D
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Awww :j yes, I feel bouncy, its true :jafter I've had the single daily coffee, anyway :D

It's odd, I *love* being in the garden and getting it to take shape. I've always liked the *idea* of that, but now I love the doing of it, which is quite different :rotfl: and the other thing is that all the decluttering has had an effect, I have the space now to get something out from a box or a shelf, and *use* it straight away, without moving half a dozen other things. It's lifechanging, I'm not kidding :j

I have some client work today, I'll be doing the legwork of getting a blogpost I've already written up and running, and I'm refocussing on the stuff (a **lot** of stuff) I've stashed for cat-design-work. Oops :p

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my dishwasher, without which none of this would be possible :p (because I'd be at the sink, washing dishes, seriously :) )
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,553 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my dishwasher, without which none of this would be possible :p (because I'd be at the sink, washing dishes, seriously :) )

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

KC - I feel exactly the same way about ours! - Anything to save time - more & more these days that seems to be our most valuable commodity!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 16 October 2015 at 10:56AM
    Options
    Everyone seems happy today. That's great to hear:j

I'd love a dishwasher. I actually won one in a comp years ago but OH made such an issue about having to move cupboards and resite lots of stuff (our kitchen, though big, having a strange configuration with too many doors and windows to make many walls usable for much) that I sold it still brand new and in its box:(.

Another of his objections was that we have no use for one, only being the two of us, but I cook from scratch every day and seem to have a lot of washing up. I know you absolutely love yours, KC, and rely upon it, and there's only one of you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure