IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye rejection how do I do a POPLA appeal re Mayflower Terminal Parking

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    There are a lot of eggs in that pudding. If it is not scheduled land do you need them all?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • srvlee1
    srvlee1 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you all forbyour speedy replies I am grateful . I was wondering if there was too much Especially the bits about the signs as neither the driver nor myself saw the signs and as I live in Wales I have no idea what they look like and have said so in the submission. Do you think I should remove the signs sections to be on the safe side? Please Advise then I will submit the appeal to POPLA tonight.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    srvlee1 wrote: »
    Thank you all forbyour speedy replies I am grateful . I was wondering if there was too much Especially the bits about the signs as neither the driver nor myself saw the signs and as I live in Wales I have no idea what they look like and have said so in the submission. Do you think I should remove the signs sections to be on the safe side? Please Advise then I will submit the appeal to POPLA tonight.

If neither a passenger nor driver saw the signs then they cannot have been prominent or adequate. Why would you want to remove such an appeal point?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I was wondering if there was too much

IMHO, you can never have too much in a POPLA appeal except where the stuff is not relevant (e.g. if people put in losing things like 'no loss caused'). My deliberate approach to POPLA appeals has always been to bore the operator senseless with a long appeal of relevant stuff and detail, such that they can't justify the man hours to contest it.

That's why the signage point is so detailed, yet half the appellants here won't have actually seen the signs or know if the font size allegation is even true. Doesn't matter unless the signs are exactly like the yellow & black Beavis case signs, and if you aren't sure, leave it in.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • srvlee1
    Options
    Thanks again. Have now put it in a PDF ready to go. Can you tell me is there a way I can attach it here so you can check if I have that right?
  • srvlee1
    Options
    Sorry what I meant to say is what is wrong with the formatting?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    srvlee1 wrote: »
    Sorry what I meant to say is what is wrong with the formatting?

Just things like line spacing where one paragraph ends and a new appeal point begins with no gap in between.

You should also have a list of headings to match the start of each appeal point.

So

1 Non POFA compliant NTK
    2 Not relevant land - Byelaws apply
    3 Landowner's permission to park (via landowner employee)
    4 etcetera
    5 etcetera.

1 Non POFA compliant NTK

The NTK, if that is what it is supposed to be ....

2 Not relevant land - Byelaws apply

The land concerned is subject to Byelaws and, not being relevant land ....

etcetera.

I suggest you also put the quoted bits in italics or a different font colour to distinguish it from your own words.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • srvlee1
    Options
    Thanks for that. I did check out the paragraphs etc but then started looking at the POPLA site in preparation for submission later but once I started by putting in my POPLA code I could not just save it and stop so had to submit. So I am afraid it did not have the contents list at the beginning nor the italics etc. But I have used quotation marks throughout so I just hope it will be OK. I could not see anywhere where the PDP was accepted so phoned them and they checked and said it was there. I also put the POPLA code as a header on each page. Hopefully it will be OK. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off just getting submitted. POPLA said I would hear within 21 days so just have to wait now. Thank you all again for your help and advice.
  • srvlee1
    Options
    PDP should have read PDP.
  • srvlee1
    Options
    Bloody predictive text. PDP should read PDF.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure