Excluding countries I don't post to

Options
Since I started selling on Ebay, I have always excluded all countries apart from UK.

Yesterday I buyer won an item from me. His address is in USA. He hasn't paid or got in touch with me yet.

How did this happen? Is there anything that I could not have done? I have just checked my site preferences and all the countries are ticked. But there is a shaded blue box at the bottom stating "you've excluded so and so countries.... Then there is a box "Apply to all current live listings. Mine is not ticked. Should I have ticked that?

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    How did it happen?

You let it happen by not having your site preferences set to exclude 1)buyer requirements and 2)exclude postage locations from your listings. Doing one won't block, you need to do both.

Are you in or out of GSP?

https://my.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPreferences&FClassic=true&ssPageName=STRK:ME:MAPRX&_trksid=p3984.m2295.l3927
  • kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am out of GSP
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    In that case did you do both the exclusions I gave in my post? One isn't enough.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,292 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There is a glitch, I have quite a lot of correspondence with eBay tech about it, but it doesn't seem to affect many. In my case all my blocks are solid and always have been, yet every now and then on a random handful of listings all my blocks are removed and I am suddenly getting orders from Italy or Russia.

I've had tech go through my listing and confirm that I have those countries blocked and yet an individual listing will suddenly remove the blocks. My latest was last week, I got two purchases from Italy , eBay confirmed there was a problem somewhere and I refunded and cancelled the sale due to buyers address.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The buyer did get in touch. Apparently he has an address in Uk. It is a warehouse - not sure what you call it - company that takes in your parcels and forwards it to wherever. I decided to send it tracked.

I am definitely opted out of GSP and have ticked no to all other countries.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    kalsha wrote: »
    The buyer did get in touch. Apparently he has an address in Uk. It is a warehouse - not sure what you call it - company that takes in your parcels and forwards it to wherever. I decided to send it tracked.

I am definitely opted out of GSP and have ticked no to all other countries.

Freight forwarding companies.....your liability ends at the address given (the FFC) so hopefully the onward travel won't cause the buyer any issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure