Barclaycard say it wasn't mis-sold

Options
In 2003 I had a Barclaycard and an Egg card, both were applied for online and I am 99% sure that it had PPI on it and the box was pre ticked but I cannot remember. It looks like others had the same problem around the same time but Barclaycard are saying NO. I am not sure what to do next. Is their a template letter that I can send or should I go to FO. I have no evidence to show. Thanks in advance

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    both were applied for online

Which means the chance of mis-sale is far lower as no-one sold it to you. You bought it.
    . I am not sure what to do next.

What were your reasons for complaint and why did they reject?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • chrisjdw
    Options
    As dunston has mentioned, policies that were sold online have a far lower success rate than those taken out face to face or via a telephony channel. I think you would do well to get anything from this, could always ask for a final response letter and then go to the ombudsman. Each complaint sent to the ombudsman after the first 25 each year costs a financial company over £300 for a ppi complaint and £550 for a non ppi complaint.
    May be worth a shot, but even then, the cost of your ppi claim is likely to outweigh that £300+
    All views are solely my own and do not represent anybody else nor any companies. Any advice given by me is not legally binding, it is my own opinion and you should seek out advice from a financial adviser, solicitor, lawyer or any other professional relating to your problem if my opinion doesn't help.
  • Insider101
    Insider101 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    Options
    chrisjdw wrote: »
    As dunston has mentioned, policies that were sold online have a far lower success rate than those taken out face to face or via a telephony channel. I think you would do well to get anything from this, could always ask for a final response letter and then go to the ombudsman.

The OP has already had a final decision letter, hence why he is on here discussing the rejection of the complaint.
    Each complaint sent to the ombudsman after the first 25 each year costs a financial company over £300 for a ppi complaint and £550 for a non ppi complaint.
    May be worth a shot, but even then, the cost of your ppi claim is likely to outweigh that £300+

As far as I know it is £550 whether it is a PPI complaint or not. Up until April 2014 there was a supplementary £350 on top of this for PPI related complaint. But truthfully, if the redress at stake was less than the cost of the FOS fee then they almost certainly wouldn't have bothered to defend the complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure