Laptops and Couriers

Options
Hi

Who has suggestions on couriers either direct or broker [p2g, parcelmonkey, interparcel etc] that accept damage compensation on laptops and not just loss?

mtia

Comments

• RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If they're below 1kg Royal Mail is probably your best option. Some others available up to 2kg but I'd still go for RM.
    I can't tell if this is a one off or a business. If the latter you may be able to negotiate with couriers to insure.
    There are some other traders on here who may know specifically.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RFW wrote: »
    I can't tell if this is a one off or a business. If the latter you may be able to negotiate with couriers to insure.
    If it is a business you can pack well and take on the risk yourself. A lot of people send fragile items either too expensive to insure or excluded from compensation.

You accept the risk of damage which would be your loss but is balanced by the savings made in not paying for insurance on each shipment.
  • amstel78
    Options
    Please check Collect+.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I always wonder when the OP never comes back to a thread whether they have forgotten it or just don't like the responses.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure