• mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ah missed that bit completely
  • superstevesaints
    Options
    Hi

Sorry not sure if I've come across wrong.. my dad is offering a full and final offer to conclude my IVA early, the funds are only available for this use. I only own 25% share of my property and the equity is not 30k. I will have more than 5k of equity so therefore needing to remortgage which I will be unable , plus also with a housing association. So therefore the 12 months extra payments apply. 62 months remaining at 150 leaves the total of 9300. I have sent in an offer of £8500 as that is near the figure, plus the creditors and ip will save on fees for the next few years. I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks
  • DorisTrousers
    Options
    When a property is shared ownership with a housing association then it is impossible to raise equity, which is why I asked.

It should be written into the proposal at the start that the property is excluded, and the IVA proposed at 6 years. I understand that some I.P's do not do this, but for anyone looking in who may be in a similar situation then my advice would be to find an I.P. who would take the exclusion point of view.

To get back to the point, I think that the offer is eminently fair and reasonable, and I would be surprised if it were rejected.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,883 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

Sorry not sure if I've come across wrong.. my dad is offering a full and final offer to conclude my IVA early, the funds are only available for this use. I only own 25% share of my property and the equity is not 30k. I will have more than 5k of equity so therefore needing to remortgage which I will be unable , plus also with a housing association. So therefore the 12 months extra payments apply. 62 months remaining at 150 leaves the total of 9300. I have sent in an offer of £8500 as that is near the figure, plus the creditors and ip will save on fees for the next few years. I'll let you know the outcome. Thanks

Thanks for the clarification on the house shared ownership.

With that in mind, then i agree, you stand a good chance of it being accepted.

It will go to a creditors meeting to decide, good luck with it, let us know the outcome.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure