Can anyone suggest for a beautiful engagement ring

Options
I am looking forward to propose my girlfriend anytime soon and so, have been searching a lot about different kinds of rings. Guys, help me select a good ring. Suggest me some websites I can buy from. It’s not that I didn’t find any good ring, actually I did, at the website of Marlows-diamonds that has a wide collection but I just want to explore a bit more.

Can anybody suggest me some other website?

I want to be doubly sure about the ring I buy, so I want to do some comparison as well.
Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    WOW!
    You're really lucky being located in Birmingham.

Forget the websites - even Marlows Diamonds - get yourself off to the Jewellery Quarter.
    The company you mention even has a shop there so you can see rings in person instead of on-line.
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

There are plenty of engagement ring threads in the Wedding Board, so I will move you over there.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • mistryeve
    mistryeve Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    @Pollycat, Thank you so much for your suggestion.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Unless you know exactly what she'd like then I strongly suggest that you get a 'joke' ring to propose with and then go together to pick one.
  • mistryeve
    Options
    Well, I was expecting a lot more suggestions than just these few, but anyway, these too were quite helpful. Besides, I am posting this to let you (who tried helping me) know that I have finally purchased a cushion shaped ring from the Marlows-diamonds and yaa… the suggestion that I should buy the ring that pleases my girl, worked. I asked her what kind of a ring she would like to have and then bought the cushion shaped. Though I was pretty impressed with one of the princess cut ring as well. But as she is to wear it, so it better be of her choice.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    mistryeve wrote: »
    Well, I was expecting a lot more suggestions than just these few, but anyway, these too were quite helpful. Besides, I am posting this to let you (who tried helping me) know that I have finally purchased a cushion shaped ring from the Marlows-diamonds and yaa… the suggestion that I should buy the ring that pleases my girl, worked. I asked her what kind of a ring she would like to have and then bought the cushion shaped. Though I was pretty impressed with one of the princess cut ring as well. But as she is to wear it, so it better be of her choice.
    Ah.
    Marlows Diamonds.
    Your first choice website. :cool:

Did you even bother going to the Jewellery Quarter which is on your doorstep?
  • mistryeve
    Options
    Well, Marlow’s is one of the shops located in the Jewellery Quarter and so, when I visited this shop, I did go to other shops as well. All were good in their own unique ways, but since me and my girl fell for the collection of Marlows, we bought our special ring from there. And yaa… I agree that the collection of other shops at the jewellery hub, Jewellery Quarter was quite impressive as well.
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Am I really the only one who recognised this as spam from the 1st post?

:wall:
  • Pollycat
    edited 1 August 2017 at 7:29AM
    Options
    dj1471 wrote: »
    Am I really the only one who recognised this as spam from the 1st post?

:wall:
    It did cross my mind when a specific jeweller's website was mentioned.

Therefore, it was no surprise to me that the OP says he bought from the website he mentioned in the first post.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    One of my friends bought a ring from Marlows Diamonds. Turned out the ring was cursed - Marlows source their diamonds from ancient sacred burial sites and they are often haunted by the spirits of ancient kings.
    Needless to say, the marriage didn't last.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure