Nationwide PPI Commission Pelvin Claim

Options
Lord_Flashheart
Lord_Flashheart Posts: 5 Forumite
PPI Party Pooper
edited 11 December 2017 at 8:59PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi All

Has anyone had a successful PPI commission/Plevin claim from Nationwide?

I submitted a claim in September and have received two letters both saying that I will hear from them by 14th November but it is now nearly than a month later and I have heard nothing more.

I am just wondering if there are others out there who are also waiting or if anyone has had any success with this type of claim from Nationwide.

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Plevin only applies to previously rejected complaints. Did you already have a rejected PPI complaint?

Complaints (not claims) should be fully and finally responded to eight weeks after they are submitted. If you've had no such reply, you have the option of referring the complaint to the Ombudsman or contacting the lender again.

Since the Plevin ruling applies to all institutions which have sold PPI, there will certainly have been successful outcomes from this lender.

When exactly did you have the PPI?
  • Lord_Flashheart
    Options
    Hi Moneyineptitude

Sorry but i don't think your facts are quite right, Plevin can be claimed regardless if you have had a previous claim or not, it is a different complaint from miss selling. My policy was not miss sold, but if Nationwide charged excesses commission and did not tell me about it then I am due a refund plus interest. Also from what I understand the 8 week time frame is just a guideline to resolve cases quickly and not a reason for further complaint. I did hear from Nationwide, they sent me two letters as I said in my original post. I did also make a complaint about the lack of a response a week after their self imposed deadline, to which I have had no reply.

I did not have a previously rejected complaint as the policy was not miss sold, I completed Nationwide's online form which asks that very question.

Plevin claims have certainly been paid out, I myself have had a successful claim with Barclaycard, my question is if anyone has had success with Nationwide as I can't find anything on this forum.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Plevin can be claimed regardless if you have had a previous claim or not, it is a different complaint from miss selling. My policy was not miss sold, but if Nationwide charged excesses commission and did not tell me about it then I am due a refund plus interest.
    Thanks for the "clarification". If you make a Plevin complaint (not 'claim") and have no previous PPI complaint, the Bank will first investigate to see if the policy was mis-sold. Did you not wonder why you were asked if you had been previously rejected?

The eight weeks is indeed a deadline not a guideline, after which you have access to the Ombudsman.

Very importantly, when exactly did you have the PPI?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry but i don't think your facts are quite right, Plevin can be claimed regardless if you have had a previous claim or not,

Bit harsh to pick up Moneyineptitude's incorrect use of the word claim when you yourself used it incorrectly in post#1.
    I did also make a complaint about the lack of a response a week after their self imposed deadline, to which I have had no reply.

The 8 weeks is not a deadline. It is something companies should aim to do within but for complicated issues, it can take longer and that is allowed. After 8 weeks you gain access to the FOS. However, there is no point in this case.

Most firms are behind to varying degrees when dealing with Plevin cases. Remember they have had Plevin outcomes on hold for over year. So, they have at least 12 months of backlog to get through on top of the ones that people have been raising a new complaint on.

Be patient. The response will come.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Moneyineptitude's incorrect use of the word claim
    Where exactly did I incorrectly use the word "claim"?

Are you skim reading again, Dunston? :D
  • Lord_Flashheart
    Options
    I am not criticising any one's use of the correct terms, I am using them wrong myself which has been pointed out :) look at my spelling in the title. I am simply highlighting that Plevin can be claimed, complained or whatever term you wish to use if a PPI policy is not miss sold. Also I never said the 8 weeks was a deadline, Nationwide told me that they will respond by 14th November creating their own deadline.
  • Saint67
    Options
    I had a Nationwide PPI claim rejected about 18 months ago.

I read about Plevin and resubmitted in September. I received a letter ( Mid November ) saying they would investigate and aimed to resolve by 10th December.
    A week ago I received an apology and confirmation that they would refund £2800....WoooHoo.
  • Lord_Flashheart
    Options
    Thanks Saint67

That is a great outcome and a nice sum of money just before Christmas. :beer:
  • Jon81
    Jon81 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had a similar experience

Complained, initially declined, advised selection of cases would be re opened. Had a holding response then a promise of final response by end of November

No finial response but a cheque last week in full and final settlement so happy
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am simply highlighting that Plevin can be claimed, complained or whatever term you wish to use if a PPI policy is not miss sold.

Complain about it all you like, but a Plevin complaint will not pay out on a previously successful PPI complaint.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure