Microsoft Office 2010 Discount for UK Armed Forces

Options

Comments

• Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For anyone in the Navy, you need to read RNTM 244/10 - Microsoft Online Training Courses and Home Use Program

If you are not in the Navy you can still access the RNTM via the intranet, but this is aimed at the Navy. You should ask at your local Education Centre.

From the RNTM:

Home Use Program

1. The Home use program allows users who use Microsoft products at work to purchase Microsoft software to use at home with a significant discount.

· The products available include:
    · Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
    · Microsoft Project Professional 2010
    · Microsoft Visio Premium 2010
    · Office 2008 for Mac

2. Each is priced at £8.95 for the License Key only. The software itself can be downloaded direct from the Microsoft site however if a physical CD is preferred this can be additionally purchased for a further £10.35.

3. To gain access to the Home Use Program a code is required. To receive the code and guidance on using the Home Use Program, using your MOD (DII etc) email account, click the following link and click send on the email that opens.
  • Chimaera
    Chimaera Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry for the delayed reply, but thank you to all who have posted you have been very helpful and it is much appreciated! :T
  • mercman1969
    mercman1969 Posts: 871 Forumite
    Options
    Did you manage to download the software
    Have been searching for this since being told by a friend at Christmas but gave up thinking it had all expired

Would appreciate a noddy guide of how to obtain it
  • Fergie76
    Options
    Did you manage to download the software
    Have been searching for this since being told by a friend at Christmas but gave up thinking it had all expired

Would appreciate a noddy guide of how to obtain it

Yeah, downloaded it no problem.

I had to email a WO at Fleet, who sent me the Service Code and instructions on what to do and it was a fairly easy process.

Basically, you input your Service email (@mod.uk) address and Service code on the link I provided earlier.

It will then take you to an order and payment page. Pay with your debt card and it will email your supplied Service address with a link to download from and your product key.

Forward the email to your civvy email address, click on link, download, install, input product key and away you go.

Easy.
  • mercman1969
    mercman1969 Posts: 871 Forumite
    Options
    Fergie76 wrote: »
    Yeah, downloaded it no problem.

I had to email a WO at Fleet, who sent me the Service Code and instructions on what to do and it was a fairly easy process.

Basically, you input your Service email (@mod.uk) address and Service code on the link I provided earlier.

It will then take you to an order and payment page. Pay with your debt card and it will email your supplied Service address with a link to download from and your product key.

Forward the email to your civvy email address, click on link, download, install, input product key and away you go.

Easy.

Where did you find out who ans where to obtain the service key
  • Fergie76
    Options
    Where did you find out who ans where to obtain the service key

It's contained in RNTM 244/10.
  • kamal1080
    Options
    Fergie76 wrote: »
    I posted the link in post 4. You need to get your Service's Programme code and use your @mod.uk email address.

A link to download Office 10/Mac 11 and your product key will be sent to that address, which you then need to forward to your home computer and download from there.

Hi Fergie,
    Do you know where can we find the service programme code?
  • Fergie76
    Options
    I had to email someone at Fleet, can't remember who it was now, but RNTM 244/10 issued about it at the end of 2010 and had all the details on it.
  • Esoog
    Esoog Posts: 1,489 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kamal1080 wrote: »
    Hi Fergie,
    Do you know where can we find the service programme code?

If you go to the site there's a link for those who don't know the code
  • sigane_2
    Options
    Please note guys that there is a new RNTM 099/13 which gives you the updated info. You click on a link from the RNTM to a chap at Navy command. He emails you back to your @mod.uk email address with all the codes you need and then you simply go to the Microsoft website, download the program you require and put in the codes supplied. So easy even the Army could do it!! :rotfl:
    Hope this helps.
    :kisses:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family