Credit file post DRO

Options
Hi guys sorry if this has been asked before. I was discharged from my 1 year DRO on 12/02/2017 and I've been continually monitoring my report to make sure the accounts are settled. Although the rest have, I still have 2 showing as "closed" but the balance is still showing. Am I right in thinking this should be showing as "settled" or "satisfied"?
The accounts are with EE and T-Mobile which I assume is the same place as they are the same company now? I'm not sure whether to contact them or leave it as they are classed as closed?
Tia

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,924 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    They should be shown as satisfied.

You could write and complain, some creditors choose to update later than others, if its that important to you, send them a letter, or try using "Resolver", as they tend to ignore letters at EE.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Electrum
    Electrum Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    Even if you do nothing, after 6 years from the last time you paid or admitted the liability of the debt your file will be wiped clean?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Electrum wrote: »
    Even if you do nothing, after 6 years from the last time you paid or admitted the liability of the debt your file will be wiped clean?

No, defaulted account are removed form your credit file 6 yeas from the recorded default date. If not defaulted they stay indefinitely.

Nothing to do with when you last paid it admitted it.

This is why it's important to make sure it's defaulted, marked as satisfied, with an accurate default date.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure