PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How does Rightmove work?

Options
2»

Comments

• Pepperoni
    Pepperoni Posts: 461 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    House would show up as 'added in last 24 hours' if you make 2% price reduction or more.

Other option would be to try and get it as one of the advert properties.

Will only come back on in the 'added in last 24 hours' if it's been marked as SOLD for 14 days + and then marked as unsold again.
    • [STRIKE]Credit Card: £2,989 / £2,989[/STRIKE]
    • Bank Loan: £12,000 / £14,000
  • Surrey_EA wrote: »
    The estate agent who first introduced the buyer to you gets paid the fee.

However, if there is a period of longer than 6 months between the first viewing and the second viewing it is more likely the second agent is due the fee.

So, if I change estate agents and someone who has previously been introduced to my property by the first estate and then buys the property the first agent agents gets paid and the second estate agent gets nothing?

How would the first estate agent know who has bought the property and if it is several months later wont the second estate have been paid by then?
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So, if I change estate agents and someone who has previously been introduced to my property by the first estate and then buys the property the first agent agents gets paid and the second estate agent gets nothing?
    Correct.
    How would the first estate agent know who has bought the property and if it is several months later wont the second estate have been paid by then?

Sometimes they won't notice. However, if I were the first agent, I would be sending a list of people that I'd shown around to both you and the second agent.

Maybe the first agent will check Land Registry to check who the new owner is, maybe they won't.
  • But what happens if you have paid the second agent and then months down the line the first agent wants paying? This is hypothetical as I am emailed all the viewings which have taken place by the first estate agent but just wondering if a person wanted to do a second viewing from the first agents list, wouldn't the second agent be annoyed to not be paid for their work once the sale has completed?
  • Surrey_EA
    Options
    But what happens if you have paid the second agent and then months down the line the first agent wants paying?
    That's why you have the list of prospective buyers that the first agent has brought round, and you check against this list before accepting an offer through the second agent.
    This is hypothetical as I am emailed all the viewings which have taken place by the first estate agent but just wondering if a person wanted to do a second viewing from the first agents list, wouldn't the second agent be annoyed to not be paid for their work once the sale has completed?
    The second EA should also be checking whether an interested part has previously viewed through the first agent. If they do not, and put in effort for which they do not get financially rewarded then that's their own fault.
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pepperoni wrote: »
    Will only come back on in the 'added in last 24 hours' if it's been marked as SOLD for 14 days + and then marked as unsold again.

Is it 14 days or 14 weeks? Some people have said 14 weeks earlier.
  • Surrey_EA
    Options
    SuzieSue wrote: »
    Is it 14 days or 14 weeks? Some people have said 14 weeks earlier.

It is definitely 14 weeks if you take a property completely off Rightmove then relist it. I can't remember how long the period is when a property changes status from sstc/under offer back to for sale.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure