Claire's accessories earrings

Options
2»

Comments

• missymugwump
    missymugwump Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Options
    What is there left for kids these days
    What happened to them discovering things as teenagers or young adults who can make informed choices
    No wonder kids are jaded
    I think it disgusting
    If she didnt have them pierced the problem would not arise !
    What is she has an infection at some point ? it happens

What if she or someone else catches an earing whilst playing & rips her lobe ? it happens
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes." :cool:

All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    I find it disgusting that people can thank a member for calling me a chav and misguided, we are all entitled to an opinion but really it is not necessary to resort to judging somebody just because you do not agree with their decisions or choices, I dare say I could question others parenting skills and judge other aspects of your lives but really its none of my business. I am certainly not a chav but even if I was that would be none of your business either.

I already stated earlier that I am not debating the rights or wrongs of something I already know some people do not agree with, so your personal opinions are not necessary.

Not that I need to explain myself to any of you, I thought long and carefully about piercing my daughters ears, sought advice from my gp and health visitor about the safety and the best time to have them done. My daughter wears hearing aids, as far as I'm concerned they are just another accessory that she can choose for her pretty ears they do not affect any of your lives and I am sure none of you will lose any sleep because of it, all the girls in my family have their ears pierced and I can remember bugging my mum for years to have mine done so i really cannot see the problem.

It amazes me how many people on this this forum voice an opinion with no respect or tone that respects a persons feelings or choices.

I have resolved the issue so this thread as far as I'm concerned can move down the line for someone else to seek advice or insults from other members waiting to pounce just because they disagree.
  • missymugwump
    missymugwump Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    edited 6 May 2009 at 6:16PM
    Options
    If you had this done somewhere proff you should know that gold is not the best metal to use, as many people have allergic reactions to it.
    Stainless steel is best for piercings, because stainless steel is hypoallergenic. It is also non-porous and smooth, unlike gold, so detritus does not stick as vigorously, and it is easier to keep clean.

Ear piercing guns cannot be sterilized. You could be presenting tetanus, hepatitis B or C, HIV, or other bacteria/infections to your child before their body can fight back.

Had your child had a recent tetanus shot. If the piercer does not ask about vaccination history, leave quickly-the piercer clearly hasnt been trained on piercing infants or small children.

A permanent hole is created by scar tissue forming around the piercing. Pulling, stretching, or growth of the ear lobe (which is obvious as your child will continue to grow) can stretch the holes and create excessive scar tissue. Keloid formation can sometimes occur

Allergic reaction and rejection of the products used in the piercing including the earring metal. Allergic reaction can also occur if you use the improper cleaning products- the newly opened skin can react to soaps or other cleaners.

It probs sticks out at the rear as they are too long for an infants tiny ears.

What do you clean them with ? I do hope its not alcohol ?
    Alcohol is far, far too harsh for new piercings those with tender, sensitive skin, particularly young children alcohol is too caustic and drying, and can thus hinder the healing process as well as cause additional irritation problems.

Its a barbaric ritual that is forced upon a child because the parents feel the baby will look cute
    as far as I'm concerned they are just another accessory that she can choose for her pretty ears
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes." :cool:

All truth goes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it is accepted as self-evident.
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    edited 6 May 2009 at 6:57PM
    Options
    If you had this done somewhere proff you should know that gold is not the best metal to use, as many people have allergic reactions to it.
    Stainless steel is best for piercings, because stainless steel is hypoallergenic. It is also non-porous and smooth, unlike gold, so detritus does not stick as vigorously, and it is easier to keep clean.

That first sentence seems like you think I have no idea of course I know that, you are just making incorrect assumptions. They were done by a professional who has over 30 years experience, she has pierced ears of several of my friends all over the age of 22 (as babies or small children I add). Her ears were pierced with stainless steel! I do know about gold, but this is for the first 6 months after a piercing has been done to allow them to heal so they are fine now. She has had them since she had her 2nd injections as advised by the piercer and the health visitor. I think from what I remember they were bathed in Savlon, the gentle one in the blue tube type bottle it defo wasnt alcohol. I made an informed decision and researched thoroughly before doing so, I know not everyone agrees but there are plenty of people who say they like it too its personal choice, I do not want to argue or be insulted just because people do not share that choice. If I had asked should I get my daughters ears pierced then fair enough but I did not ask that question.

I also add I have seen babies with massive diamond rocks in their ears I personally do not like them, I prefer the dainty small studs, but is it my place to call those people chavs and inflict my views that their kids earrings look like pat butcher....no, each to their own.
  • Hailz86
    Hailz86 Posts: 340 Forumite
    Options
    Heya hun, sounds like a bad case of usual claires staff.
    I am trained to pierce and piercing studs should not be so long that they can poke the side of your head, as they are designed to be slept in during the healing process.
    Also, piercing studs should techincally not be sold without the piercing, if that makes sense.
    The problem with claires is that they put their staff through a quick ear piercing course, and as at least a few people on this forum will tell you, that causes more problems then not in most stores.
    Did you tell the store staff that the earrings were for a 2 year old? They should have a shorter earring for a younger child, as should most reputable places.
    If you have trouble in the future finding piercing studs, let me know and I shall get some for you from the place I buy them from, never had a problem. xx
    2012 Wins - Danepak Fridge Magnet, £20 Just Eat Voucher, iTunes Song Download, Yellow Toaster and Kettle, Thorntons Bunny, 6 Months Gym Membership, £250 Multipower Products, 3 X Dalepak Vouchers, 10 minute sunbed session, Lucozade Sport, 2 X BMI Flights, Android Zeemote,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure