Can I get my money back?

Options
Hello - looking for some advice please...

Yesterday, I purchased two lots of hair piece clip in extensions from a pop up stall at our nearest shopping centre. The brand is quite well known and I had seen some good reviews.
Whilst one of the girls put them in a bag the other took me to the till to pay so I didn't actually see the hair at the time.
When I got home there were two problems. The first was that they had sold me the wrong length of hair. On my receipt it says 16Inch hair, but the hair they sold me was 20inches (far too long). I also noticed that the seal had be broken on two packets of the hair! When I took the hair out of the packaging it was clear the hair had been worn. The labels were not attached and the condition of the hair was quite poor.

At the time of purchasing I was not told that they do not accept refunds, but when I looked on the receipt it says 'no refunds accepted'

I emailed the company and they replied quite quickly stating that they would send me some more hair out free of charge. The problem is, I am so unhappy with the quality of the hair I don't trust this company now and do not want their products, I just want my money back!! Is there anything else I can do? They have said they wont refund me but will give me new hair, but the hair will just be wasted because I do not like the quality of it! The hair is definitely not the same as they one the showed me on display!

Hopefully this isn't £50 down the drain!

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ehdx wrote: »
    Hello - looking for some advice please...

Yesterday, I purchased two lots of hair piece clip in extensions from a pop up stall at our nearest shopping centre. The brand is quite well known and I had seen some good reviews.
    Whilst one of the girls put them in a bag the other took me to the till to pay so I didn't actually see the hair at the time.
    When I got home there were two problems. The first was that they had sold me the wrong length of hair. On my receipt it says 16Inch hair, but the hair they sold me was 20inches (far too long). I also noticed that the seal had be broken on two packets of the hair! When I took the hair out of the packaging it was clear the hair had been worn. The labels were not attached and the condition of the hair was quite poor.

At the time of purchasing I was not told that they do not accept refunds, but when I looked on the receipt it says 'no refunds accepted'

I emailed the company and they replied quite quickly stating that they would send me some more hair out free of charge. The problem is, I am so unhappy with the quality of the hair I don't trust this company now and do not want their products, I just want my money back!! Is there anything else I can do? They have said they wont refund me but will give me new hair, but the hair will just be wasted because I do not like the quality of it! The hair is definitely not the same as they one the showed me on display!

Hopefully this isn't £50 down the drain!

You are not entitled to a refund as you purchased in the shop.

You are, however, entitled to the correct product. They need to supply you with what you have paid for, and collect the incorrect products.
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • ehdx
    ehdx Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    You are not entitled to a refund as you purchased in the shop.

You are, however, entitled to the correct product. They need to supply you with what you have paid for, and collect the incorrect products.

Thank you!
    They have now offered me a refund because I said I didn't trust using their products, but I have to send them the hair by post and then they will refund me, so fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure