Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I am my own very worst enemy, what is the matter with me.

I've just sent eldest son the details of the above Brew Dog deal, assuming he would turn his nose up at it as he does at all of my spectacular good ideas.
    Instead he said it would be great for GF so he asked for the link

I've just been writing my Christmas gift list and what a pathetic sight it is as well, mostly white space ....

Don't worry mhoc...It will come together....Do you need help with ideas..:)
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I always have a green marks bag with me. I go to the CS desk with my green bag, ask if its possible to have a gift certificate, very polite and humble, empty the bag, gaze hopelessly into it and sigh deeply that I have lost the receipt ....

The girls scan the item and hopefully it will come up at full price and that is what your credit note will be

Gaze hopelessly into it .... :rotfl::rotfl:yes right
  • underperky
    underperky Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Options
    Glad to hear you got your JD Davemorton

Any one come by any sites that are doing UGGS cheaper than normal please give me the heads up about it Please
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :) Then onto Arg0s & got the £179.99 laptop with my Bingo winnings.
    Hoping I can get a friend to remove Windows 10 & put Windows 7 instead on it...
    2rfevk5.jpg
    20a769l.jpg

Can that be done snap? I d like one with windows 7 on instead of 10 with all the apps on:o
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    underperky wrote: »
    Glad to hear you got your JD Davemorton

Any one come by any sites that are doing UGGS cheaper than normal please give me the heads up about it Please

UGG Boots outlet 20% off now Black Friday Event

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ugg-boots-outlet-20-off-now-black-friday-event-2555186

There is a code available for an additional 5% and also Q 13.2%....

Does this help....
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

always :D

I have no idea where to start.

Eldest child we have said we will cover the cost of her winter boots. But we also need something for her to open on Christmas morning.
    Toiletries are out as she has difficult skin. Perfume is a possibility but not too expensive as I think the boots will be quite :eek:. I've been watching the superdrug offers waiting for a suitable one.
    I've been trying to find some sort of nice day out via Groupon/Livingsocial but it has to be usable at weekends and probably York or Hertfordshire.
    Not afternoon teas as we have done these to death
    She is being very careful with her diet with the wedding looming But just maybe posh chocs are possible but of the Hotel chocolate level ...

Eldest childs BF I am making progress with. I got the marks pheasant cuff links earlier in the year so I need a pheasant tie to go with it. He is also just getting into whisky so I have lots of minatures, just need a suitable container. Ideally also something consumable - chocolate or biscuits in a tin or suchlike or some sort of cheap manly toiletries

The youngest son and his GF who has disowned us we don't expect to see over Christmas but I am going to put his and hers in a box (hopefully under 2kg) and send them down via Hermes in January - guilt trip via courier.
    So far Ive got on his list a travel book Ive seen on Amazon. Also I saw on livingsocial a day out at an animal sanctuary near where he lives, just have to hope its still on the list prior to Christmas, cant buy it yet as it only has 90 days usage.
    Plus some sort of fleece jacket or beanie hat - keeping an eye on the deals for outdoor shops.

I saw a very unpleasant blanket fleece that can go on your bed or sofa this morning. You can have your photo put on it - his FB feed is wall to wall selfies so that would suit fine. The main problem was that the postage was more than the fleece :eek:
    If I could find similar with less postage that would be ideal

Eldest sons GF I am getting one of the Boots illuminated mirrors as their bedroom is quite dark. I've also got a posh bottle of gin. Possibly also need more perfume and chocolate to make it look a bit more like a goody bag.

Eldest son - nothing whatsoever on his list so far

These 4 - eldest son and his GF. eldest child and her BF - all mid twenties, all with fabulous incomes and lifestyles and flats so whatever they want they can buy and have
    I need to be thinking of small wonderful or unusual treats they would never have thought of buying themselves
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

It always does eventually and at least we have time this year - normally we are away for a couple of weeks at the end of November or in December so at least I can we are not doing last minite rushing ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Can that be done snap? I d like one with windows 7 on instead of 10 with all the apps on:o

Waiting for a reply. Will let you know :)

Did you know we are invading Wrexham Mecca on the 11th for Christmas Do?
    Never been to Wrexham, we have 2 hours free in afternoon to go shopping :)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Curry's website so annoying. I've tried on three different browers and won't let me get to the payment page. Grrrr!

Live chat was great. I needed to create my delivery address in my account first. Daft but it worked. Slightly sorry I didn't have a time to hunt out a gift card to save more pennies but didn't want to lose the camera which Which? thought was excellent too. But very good to have the £10 Quidco bonus too. And if something better comes up (though I don't have time to look), I can just take it back.

Also very sorry it was only available in black at Curry's -- would have loved a red one but I wasn't paying over the odds for that!
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :) Then onto Arg0s & got the £179.99 laptop with my Bingo winnings.
    Hoping I can get a friend to remove Windows 10 & put Windows 7 instead on it...
    2rfevk5.jpg
    20a769l.jpg
    emerald21 wrote: »

I didn't touch W8 but have been pleasantly surprised by W10 once I worked out how to get rid of the annoying apps on the desktop and show only what I wanted to show. My brother who earns a fortune in computers also would not touch W8 but is very happy with W10 which he says stabilised one of his computers which up until then was always crashing. Remember that they will stop supporting W7 (which means it will be vulnerable) well before W10 and I really suggest that you try W10 for a while before you decide to go back to W7.

If your computer originally came with W7 you should be able to revert to factory settings to get rid of W10 but it will lose all your settings and data, so ensure data etc is well backed up before you do that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure