Key meter electric

Options
2»

Comments

• CharlotteElizabeth
    Options
    I recieved an email in Oct telling me my personal projection is £919 for the year, is that expensive?

Day rate 15.05p per kw and Night rate of 7.87p. Standing charge of 28.89p a day. I've had the account for 10 years and never switched before. I have no idea when it switches to Day/Night. I've never been in arrears with electric and its been a prepay meter from when moved in.
  • ChaunceyGardiner
    Options
    I wouldn’t recommend a Calor gas heater. The canisters are *very* heavy and you need to crack open a window for ventilation, which lets all the heat escape. Better to learn to use the storage heaters properly and top up as and when with instant electric heating.
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2017 at 1:13PM
    Options
    I recieved an email in Oct telling me my personal projection is £919 for the year, is that expensive?

Day rate 15.05p per kw and Night rate of 7.87p. Standing charge of 28.89p a day. I've had the account for 10 years and never switched before. I have no idea when it switches to Day/Night. I've never been in arrears with electric and its been a prepay meter from when moved in.
    Check out Iresa s Eco 7 rate. In my area its approx !2p day 7 p night with a low standing charge.
    If you have a credit meter the best way to find out the exact switch over time is try and watch for the switchover time when the day rate reading is static and the night starts to move.There can be an audible click on many digital meter.RadioTeleswitch timers are very accurate and it will be at the published times for your area. Other timers, especially old 24 hr circular timer switches could be widely off the mark and the cheap 7 hrs could be anywhere in the 24 hrs.
    Prepay key meters have built in digital clocks but they can drift out of time so better to observe when the digits move on screen "J " night rate.
    Useful screens on key prepay meters are screens" I " and "k " which show the pence per Kwh rates. The weekly standing charges are also seen on one of the first few screens. BG charge approx £1.90 p a week standing charges, Eon and EDF are very similar standing charge rates
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure