IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Confused - help please

Options
Last Friday I received a parking charge notice from an NCP railway station parking area for not correctly parking within the space.
There are huge parking problems at this station as they closed another private operator, the land was then passed over to NCP who have created hundreds of new parking spaces but this has yet to open as there is now some dispute with the council. This has been an issue for months now with far too many cars v spaces, hence drivers have parked wherever they can without blocking other drivers and to my knowledge i have never seen a parking ticket up until now.
There first thing I noticed on the pcn was the location stated is not the place where the offence was committed.
Secondly when I go to the website to view the contravention it does not recognise the pin number or my cars registration.
I'm not sure whether I should just ignore this PCN or not??

Many Thanks & sorry for the wordy post

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    this is railway , so possibly a bylaw offence NOT a parking charge

please read up on railway bylaws
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Start by reading the Sticky thread for NEWBIES. If The Driver received a windscreen ticket that mentions byelaws, then The Keeper waits for the NTK.
    If The Keeper has received a NTK, then they appeal using the template from the NEWBIES thread.

Edit your post to remove any information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not a byelaws penalty. NCP don't do them.

Send the usual template on day 26 as per the NEWBIES advice. No saying who was driving!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Kooks
    Kooks Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the replies
    I was interested in whether the charge is still valid as they put the wrong location down? plus as I cant find the pcn number on the NCP website am I still answerable?
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Not a byelaws penalty. NCP don't do them.

Send the usual template on day 26 as per the NEWBIES advice. No saying who was driving!

sorry CM

is the land not covered by railway bylaws?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yeah but no!

Yes the land is, but no need to mention it with NCP at first appeal. The OP will get a POPLA code.
  • Kooks
    Options
    Can anyone respond to this specifically?
    I was interested in whether the charge is still valid as they put the wrong location down? plus as I cant find the pcn number on the NCP website am I still answerable?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Try the system again in a week, maybe the person who issued it hasn't uploaded it yet.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 7 February 2018 at 4:08PM
    Options
    This will not be your best card. No keeper liability on land covered by byelaws will trump it.

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/byelaws/

Have you watched this?

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

If not, please do so and complain in the strongest terms to your MP. it is time these scammers were put down.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Kooks
    Options
    The contravention has suddenly appeared online some 26 days later, during that time it was not possible to appeal or even pay the reduced fine of £50 as the pcn was not recognised.
    The fine has now increased to £75 grrrrr
    I have been back to the station three times and noted that approx 15 cars are not parked within correct bays, none have tickets
    What are my options?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport