Festival Refund

Options
Hi
I bought tickets for The Flashback Festival (Thorsby Hall Nottinghamshire) in April that was supposed to be happening on 20th August. I received an email in mid July saying the festival was cancelled due to lack of interest and they would be issuing refunds. However I still haven't received my refund. It was just under 100 and I paid by debit card. I was just wondering if there was a time limit I should have received my refund in ? Or is there anything else I can do to get my money ?

Thanks
Michele.

Comments

• Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Your first step needs to be to contact them and see what they say. There may be any number of reasons why it's taking some time to process the refunds.

If they don't play ball, then you can contact your bank about a doing a chargeback : http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

Since you paid by debit card, you're not covered by S75 protection as you would be on a credit card - but the chargeback option is open to you.

Hope this helps.
  • delboy1968
    Options
    Hi Michele,

I was just wondering if you had received your refund from the canceled Flashback festival?
    It is nearly 60 days since this has been canceled and I have still not received any refund.
    Ust wondering what my/our next step would be. I have tried to contact them on several occasions with no joy. Could you please reply and let me know how you got on

Thanks
  • tdawber
    tdawber Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 29 September 2017 at 4:08PM
    Options
    I haven't received my refund either. I have waited the 60 days that they asked of us. I have emailed them as that is the only way to contact them and I haven't had a response. The website is very basic now, http://www.theflashbackfestival.com
    I paid on my halifax clarity credit card and I have sent the mse template letter to claim my money back from the bank and now I am waiting to hear from the bank. . It is a total joke, I wouldn't be surprised if they have gone out of business or they are unable to issue refunds for some technical reason?

I'm fed up with it. I just want my money back.
  • JnJ2017
    Options
    Hi I also bought two sets of tickets one on my credit card and the other on my debit. I have left voice messages and emails and still no reply.
    I have recently contacted my bank to see if they can refund me.
    I have also found out that they are organising a 2018 Festval. If you look up Flashpoint Festivals, scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see Contact Us there are a further two email addresses which I have just contacted and waiting a response.
  • LizzyLFL
    Options
    Hi Guys

Numerous phone calls and emails have been made/sent - no response. So I have now issued a county court summons against UK Events and Festivals Ltd. I have also claimed back court fees and interest payment

Liz
  • JnJ2017
    Options
    Hi just to update you contacting the email addresses on the Flashpont Festival “contact us” worked. I got a reply back within 5 minutes and received the refund 2 days later.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    LizzyLFL wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Numerous phone calls and emails have been made/sent - no response. So I have now issued a county court summons against UK Events and Festivals Ltd. I have also claimed back court fees and interest payment

Liz

A county court summons a bit ott, surely small claims court would have been the next best option.

Did you use the email address the previous poster used eg the 1 via contact us ?
  • debbie2018
    Options
    I know somebody who used to work for this company and there is a history of cancelled events. On top of this they have refused to enrol there staff into the new pension scheme although the enrolment date is well passed. I have also been informed they did not pay there wages for December until after Xmas which has never been down before, but did not bother to inform any of the staff. Non of this is a surprise of course, the bloke who runs the company never bothers to talk to or thank his staff for all the work they do. Please let us know if you have not been refunded as I know of some others who are still waiting.
  • bevg64
    Options
    After numerous phone calls none of which have been answered and numerous e-mails non of which have been acknowledged .we are very angry and do not know what to do. Does anyone else know how I can get my money back for 2 tickets.They are selling tickets for this year now, how cheeky are these rogues.Can anyone advise me. Thanks.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    bevg64 wrote: »
    After numerous phone calls none of which have been answered and numerous e-mails non of which have been acknowledged .we are very angry and do not know what to do. Does anyone else know how I can get my money back for 2 tickets.They are selling tickets for this year now, how cheeky are these rogues.Can anyone advise me. Thanks.

Post 2 gives advice for you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport