IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CEL parking defence help!?

Options

Comments

• 777ade777
    Options
    logician wrote: »
    Yes is the answer to the OP's question.

Simple answer needed here folks !

It would appear that posters may have forgotten the MSE dictum of being nice !

I cannot believe how or why people would refer constantly to the Newbie thread or that of bargepole all the time when a simple "Yes" would suffice.

The copy to the court can be sent via email to ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk put the

court claim number in the subject field and "N180 Defendant's return of questionnaire"

Confirm this in a brief message and that a copy has been served on the Claimant

See my posts on this thread for how to send to CEL's copy

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73483837#post73483837

Thank you for the information.

I've got the BARGPOLE post now and will follow that.

DQ's have been sent with the advice you posted :)

Also included a letter to point out the late POC to try and get the DJ to through the claim out.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    777ade777 wrote: »
    Not my post.
    777, other posters hijacked your thread by posting questions about their own PCNs, those posts have now been deleted I think.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • 777ade777
    Options
    Just recieved a letter from CEL confirming they are cancelling my ticket!!! Attached with the N279 notice of discontinuance. VICTORYYYYYY!
    Thanks for all your support and advice, Merry Christmas!!!
  • 777ade777
    Options
    Btw a few days earlier i got my court date so it was at this stage they pulled out.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    777ade777 wrote: »
    Just recieved a letter from CEL confirming they are cancelling my ticket!!! Attached with the N279 notice of discontinuance. VICTORYYYYYY!
    Thanks for all your support and advice, Merry Christmas!!!

Same timing and outcome as in blackmath’s thread.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73609673#post73609673

I expect they have tried pushing people, already under festive pressure, they’ve taken things up to the Christmas wire. But with those who have still refused to buckle, they’ve thrown their cards in.

I expect they’re quite pleased with their overall strategy as there will be plenty of others scared sh|tless at the thought of a ‘court appearance’ that CEL never had any intention of carrying through, who have coughed and are thankful the CEL have ‘spared’ them!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    Well done!
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • ruffneck247
    Options
    Hopefully they will do that with mine too! Is it worth trying to claim compensation for time spent in creating a defence?
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Costs

Try it. There are loads of threads dealing with costs applications.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    pepperlini has posted her costs application, I think it says everything that needs to be said and can be adapted to each person's particular circumstances.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73611836#post73611836
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pepperlini has posted her costs application, I think it says everything that needs to be said and can be adapted to each person's particular circumstances.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73611836#post73611836

Should be in the "sticky" if Coupon can work it in. Excellent piece but more importantly it provides a summary of how a defence (starting at the LBCC stage) can be structured.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure