Confirm your mobile number with Tesco

Options
Received a letter today from Tesco - "we need to confirm your mobile phone number - we recently tried to contact you about your account. However, the message couldn`t be delivered because it appears we don`t have a correct mobile phone number on file for you"
Logged on, as suggested, to update my contact details and "lo and behold" they are correct!
Has anyone else experienced this and should I "update" my details by just re-entering the same details.
Is this just another "mistake", like those I have had from various banks such as messages asking me "to go paperless" when I have always been paperless, and also telling me that I need to implement certain criteria to earn interest on current accounts when in fact I already have everything in place!

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another thread mentioned Tesco are re issueing some credit cards.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • where_are_we
    where_are_we Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a balance alert of £3001 from them to my mobile on Friday 1/12 for one of my current accounts which reminds me to skim the monthly interest. So today`s letter dated 28/11 suggests their systems are "up the creek"!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The balance alerts have been coming 24hrs late since mid Nov.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They seem to have some system issues... they took two DDs twice each from one of my TSB accounts recently.
    And other Tesco DDs failed to transfer in a switch with Clydesdale.. thought it was the latter's processes but I'm starting to wonder..
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    They seem to have some system issues... they took two DDs twice each from one of my TSB accounts recently.
    And other Tesco DDs failed to transfer in a switch with Clydesdale.. thought it was the latter's processes but I'm starting to wonder..

As if they weren't already processing enough DDs :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport