Santander 3% savings account

Options
I am interested in the aboves deal for obvious reasons,as there are very few banks offering such a rate.

This one is limited to £20,000.

My question is,say I had £80,000 would I be able to open 4 accounts to get the 3% for each one?

I know it is unlikely but I thought I'd ask.

Comments

• Gram_Parsons
    Options
    It's a current account not a savings account and you are allowed one in your own name and one other joint. HTH.
  • Minrich
    Minrich Posts: 635 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You used to be able to have two and one joint , so for a couple thats five accounts and quite easy to set up the direct debits to get the full benefit
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Minrich wrote: »
    You used to be able to have two and one joint , so for a couple thats five accounts and quite easy to set up the direct debits to get the full benefit

This doesn't help as all you can get these days is what Gram Parsons said.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lacmac wrote: »
    I am interested in the aboves deal for obvious reasons,as there are very few banks offering such a rate.

This one is limited to £20,000.

My question is,say I had £80,000 would I be able to open 4 accounts to get the 3% for each one?

I know it is unlikely but I thought I'd ask.

You may also be interested in:

Lloyds Club account - pays 4% on a balance of 5k.
    TSB Classic Plus - pays 5% on a balance of 2k.
    Tesco Current account (you can have two of these) pays 3% on balances of 3k per account.
    Bank of Scotland Current Account with Vantage - pays 3% on balances of 5k and I think you can have three of these accounts.

They all require minimum funding once a month. So it's a question of moving money into and out of each of them to satisfy the relevant demands of the accounts. Some accounts also require you to set up a minimum of two direct debits on them.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Or if you don't need access to the money you can get at least 3.5% with equity income funds but they are investments not savings so the capital is not guaranteed.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Stevie_baby
    Options
    Nationwide have a FlexDirect account that pays 5% AER for 12 months on in-credit balances up to £2500. You must pay in £1,000 per month (excluding internal transfers) to get this rate. I know it's not a lot but every little helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure