New Type of complaint for PPI

Options
I have received a letter this morning from RBS stating that because of a Supreme Court decision there are new rules for claiming for the sale of the PPI.

I have been previously rejected on a claim with RBS but they have asked i have reapply so they can investigate.

The information they have stated is that if they received a high level of commission on the PPI policy but did not tell me about it , i can be compensated for it.

I have applied again so will see how this goes BUT

If this is the case for this one, does that mean that i can apply for more compensation on the rejected and successful PPI claims on the other ones i have completed?

Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you misunderstand the letter.

Your complaint was rejected. It will remain rejected and will not be reopened or reinvestigated.

However, due to the Plevin ruling in the Supreme court case, rejected complaints have a new area which may result in a refund of excess commission and profitshare above the 50% mark. e.g.. if the commission and profitshare is 60% of the premium then you get 10% of the PPI premium refunded.

The Plevin ruling, quite logically, does not apply to successful complaints as there is nothing to refund.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • funkyskunky
    Options
    As it happens I have had a response and a considerable offer . I suppose now I should reapply on this for the other claims I HVe made previously as this plevin rule is fairly new
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    RBS have been going back on old complaints and changing some decisions. One of a number of lenders that have been.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure