Key Financial Claims Liquidation

Options
I went through KFC for my PPI claim and received my cheque from the bank this week. I just googled KFC to find their phone number as I know I now owe them their cut. Their website states they have gone into liquidation so my question is... do I still need to pay them?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,485 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes you do.

Whether they come knocking for the money is a different issue though. That will largely depend on where they are in the liquidation process.

I suggest putting their cut to one side and not touching it for several years.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I doubt Kentucky Fried Chicken will be in touch.. :D
  • TrickyDicky101
    Options
    I doubt Kentucky Fried Chicken will be in touch.. :D

As CMCs go they are finger-lickin' good :T
  • Bishopland
    Options
    I signed an agreement with KFC and out of the blue received a cheque re Plvin from RBS along with a letter from Family Money Savers asking I sign a form giving them authority to act on my behalf and also a demand for a share of the PPI. I ignored FMS correspondence and have not cashed the cheque. I do not want to be involved with FMS ever. Now they have written to say that as they had accepted the offer by RBS ...something that I was never aware of...I owe them money together with 8% interest. I am abroad long term so get my mail very late. I do not want court papers to be delivered and then proceeded with in my absence so am a bit concerned. They have no signed authority, my contract with KFC does not provide for a claims handler takeover,I have not banked cheque, I have e mailed them confirming my non acceptance of their claim against me, I have no actual VAT or proforma invoice from FMS......am I correct it my thinking or should I be paying them. I do not want them to think they DO represent me should any other Plevin surface in the future.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,485 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    received a cheque re Plvin from RBS along with a letter from Family Money Savers asking I sign a form giving them authority to act on my behalf and also a demand for a share of the PPI.

That is dodgy as hell. They are not entitled to a cut of the plevin payout unless they have become active under a new authority. So, sending you an authority after the event is dodgy. in fact, it is something you should consder complaining about and letting the legal ombudsman know.

Here are the rules affecting CMCs on Plevin payments.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/claims-management-companies-plevin-guidance/plevin-guidance-for-claims-management-companies

Last time the Ministry of Justice told firms (Aug 2014 bulletin) that billing people for extra payments, they said it could be considered fraud.

You can see from the rules, they do not represent you unless you reemployed them or the plevin payout came as part of the complaint rejection (i.e. continuous process and not requiring you to raise it again more than 6 months later)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1User wrote: »
    Keep an eye on this site for an update and let me know once you do.
    Why are you telling others to contact you?

I hope you are not attempting to drum up business for yourself?

Such actions are against forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport